Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QUOTE-reply suggestion...

QUOTE-reply suggestion...

Instead of just inserting "Originally Posted by USER", what about "Originally Posted by USER in #POSTNUMBER"? And maybe make that a link to the quoted post? I'm talking about the purple "quote" button that opens a reply form. For example:

Originally Posted by Terr in #1
    Instead of just inserting "Originally Posted by USER", what about "Originally Posted by USER in #POSTNUMBER"? And maybe make that a link to the quoted post?
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

I think it's a Good idea !!

I agree with you, dear Teer…
    That could be really cool…
    But I think that it would be better if you could quote from another post, something like:

Originally Posted by Terr in post “QUOTE-reply suggestion...” #1

so you can refer to other posts to...

Good Idea Terr....what are doing bucking for more antipoints? LOL
    Just joking

Not more Greenies! They're gonna fatten me and eat me up! Auuugghh!

Thanks, but I think I don't want to be too conspicious... the Antipoint Mafia'll give me an offer I can't refuse.

Great idea Terr.

That would help instead of searching thru all of the post trying to find out where it was.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

maybe it's a bright idea., as well as we know what, and when the post originally posted.
    \"The more you ignore me... the closer i get!\"

Re: QUOTE-reply suggestion...

Originally posted by Terr
    Instead of just inserting "Originally Posted by USER", what about "Originally Posted by USER in #POSTNUMBER"? And maybe make that a link to the quoted post? I'm talking about the purple "quote" button that opens a reply form. For example:

Excellent idea...When you check your antipoint comments you could then go to the exact post you got points on instead of just the thread. Or is that how it works already? It doesn't seem to work that way for me and it gets confusing when you have numerous posts in a given thread.

Antihaxor, I'm not sure if you understood it correctly, but your idea is good too! Terr meant the thing that appears also in your message, "Originally posted by Terr". He want's the post number to be next to it automatically, which I also think is a good idea.
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

Originally posted by ZeroOne
    Antihaxor, I'm not sure if you understood it correctly, but your idea is good too! Terr meant the thing that appears also in your message, "Originally posted by Terr". He want's the post number to be next to it automatically, which I also think is a good idea.
    And the "Originally posted by Blah in POST" would itself be a link to that post, in case it was on a different page