Thread: .pwl cracking

.pwl cracking

ive got a few .pwl files that id like to crack, and im unable to find a reliable program to do so. Most will only crack passwords that are 3 letters long. Does anyone have an address of a pwl cracker that works on remote .pwls (saved in a folder, not in use)
    Needed for Windows 9* not NT or XP

Thanks
    ~DW~

Re: .pwl cracking

Originally posted by DreamWeaver
    Most will only crack passwords that are 3 letters long.
    Thanks
    ~DW~

Thats right my friend. You have to pay for most pwl crackers. If you don't (as you've found out) the program will only crack 3 letter passwords and who the hell has a 3 letter password? No one!

But I'm sure that MR GOOGLE can help you out. There has to be a freeware pwl cracker out there somewhere..
    \"It\'s not wise to argue with a fool...people might not be able to tell the difference!\"

Re: .pwl cracking

Originally posted by DreamWeaver
    ive got a few .pwl files that id like to crack, and im unable to find a reliable program to do so. Most will only crack passwords that are 3 letters long. Does anyone have an address of a pwl cracker that works on remote .pwls (saved in a folder, not in use)
    Needed for Windows 9* not NT or XP

Thanks
    ~DW~
    lol, why not just delete the .pwl file, log in with your new password, then delete it again after you're finished with whatever you're wanting to do.

That way, all the person sees is a mysterious prompt for them to input their password a second time.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

Better yet, copy the old pwl file, then delete it... when done doing your thing, replace it with the original.
    An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure...

You can use snadboy's revelation if its a 95/98 box

:http://www.calogiciel.com/logiciel/t...evelation.html

The link is in german or something just look for the ftp link and click on it..Its such an old program that it is only available there.(altmk)

have .pwl file

i have a .pwl file that i would like to know how to translate into the letters from the symbols...i used edit in windows to open it and see what it was...what program could i find to accomplish this task?

thank you

I havent had a lot of luck hunting for a f ree non crippled one.
    Deleting is an option, but I want this users Win Pass, b/c I figure he uses the same on his Solaris box