Thread: viewing the deleted items...?

Lightbulb viewing the deleted items...?

hi all
    can anyone help me how can i view or recover the items which are deleted and than empty the recycle bin. I'd be happy if one suggest me some software and its location.

Well, you can find some at http://download.cnet.com - just look in the category File & Disk Management (CNET > Downloads > Windows > Utilities > File & Disk Management).

Also, you can try this one - http://www.winternals.com/products/r...ilerestore.asp - but it's a demo and if you want full version, obviously you must buy.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

Hi,

You can try one of the utilities at lost-found.org .

I have earlier used a tool called "lost & found" or was it "lost and find" anyway that tool was one of the most powerful tools (and dangerous) I ever have used but I could not find the link

I think it was a tool from PowerQuest but I'm not sure.

A few months back I needed to recover some files I deleted by accident. I went to www.download.com and did a search for "File Recovery". That bought up a whole bunch of free file recovery programs. Some were shareware, and some were even freeware. Worth a try.
    An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure...

we use executive software undelete around here...it has an emergency undelete utility which can recover files which haven't been overwritten yet...

the main prog runs as a service on win2k...

the cool thing about it is that you get undelete protection across a mapped network drive...the recycle bin is only for local files...delete a file across a network and it's gone...doesn't even go into the recycle bin...

it's 45 bucks for a single user...and well worth it...

executivesoftware.com
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson