Thread: More Misc. Features / Updates

Banned

More Misc. Features / Updates

Greetings All:

I've added some minor, but I think VERY useful, features that I hope everyone takes advantage of.

The first, and I think most important for this community, is the "View Unanswered Posts" link that you'll find at the top of the main forum page. This link will list all posts to the forums that haven't been replied to. So, I urge everyone to take a look through this list on a regular basis, and to see if you can help answer any questions that others haven't.

Next, we have the "(post #x)" link that you'll find on the right side of each post. You will notice that it is a hyperlink. If you copy that link, and save it in your bookmarks, link to it from a website, or reference it in another thead, you will link directly to that particular post, instead of to the entire thread.

Finally, I've made some significant changes to the AntiPoints system. While you probably won't see any difference, I've added additional checks and balances that should help to keep things fair. Once I see how those do, I'll add some of the more "visible changes" to that AntiPoints system that I've been working on.

Enjoy, and feel free to post any additional suggestions that you may have to our "site suggestions" forum!

Oh, I almost forgot. We now have an AntiVirus Discussion Forum as well!

Here is a request that Terr made in a previous thread.
    Instead of just inserting "Originally Posted by USER", what about "Originally Posted by USER in #POSTNUMBER"? And maybe make that a link to the quoted post? I'm talking about the purple "quote" button that opens a reply form. For example:

quote:

Originally Posted by Terr in #1
    Instead of just inserting "Originally Posted by USER", what about "Originally Posted by USER in #POSTNUMBER"? And maybe make that a link to the quoted post?"
    I think this is a great idea.

And i just have one question.

Are you going to bring back the news section at all?

By the way what happened to the Yahoo, ICQ, and AOL stuff that we can use to contact other members that was over under our names. They disappeared.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Re: More Misc. Features / Updates

Originally posted by JP
    The first, and I think most important for this community, is the "View Unanswered Posts" link that you'll find at the top of the main forum page. This link will list all posts to the forums that haven't been replied to.
    Might want to modify the search code so that it doesn't show results from the Roll Call board, since those are never replied to anyway.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Banned
    Greetings:

Thanks for the suggestion Terr. All new roll call posts are now excluded from the "unanswered posts" search.