View Poll Results: Does this info bein open to anyone scare u?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! this will lead to more DDoS bots then anti-virus can pick up quick enough

2 28.57%
  • No, I dont fj33r people havin the source codes to windows DDoS bots.

3 42.86%
  • I dont have a personal opinion.. or i didnt know what to choose but i wanted to feel important by clickin sumthin : )

2 28.57%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MS Linux

I have thought about it and it just doesn't seem logical for Microsoft to create a version of Linux.
    Microsoft create software for the technologically-impaired mostly. Every OS they create is trying to be more user-friendly than the last. It's a common fact that Windows (when it's working) is a lot more user-friendlier and easier to navigate than Linux (I'm referring to Red Hat, because it is the only one I have).
    Why then would Microsoft resort to something highly complicated and needs a strong computer enthusiast to run? If they were going to ever create an MS-Linux it would be nothing like it. No character-cell mode and it would never be open-source.
    This is just my theory anyway, correct me if I'm wrong.
    Yours in responce,
    Jethro

MS Linux

Why not ?

Microsoft's own backend is run by a version of Linux (they don't trust their own MS products)
    (wishing I could remember the MS url that comes back with a linux screen)

1000's of IIE servers were attacked by Code Red / Nimda and changed to Linux / Apache.
    Millions of PC's are attacked by VB worms, and some of the users are changing to Linux.

The estimated growth of Linux users is 25% per year.

AOL have seen that trend, and are trying to buy Red Hat.

Why not Microsoft ? Maybe they will buy another distribution ?

That would be sad. the dark side gives up and comes into the light.

Nobody nowadays has any guts to stick it out.

Sad.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Microsoft is a lot like Osama Bin Laden:

It's a headache to the country in general, you want it to die, and yet, it's still nice having it around because it gives the stupid people something to obsess over.

For some reason Ireland is giving €12,000,000 to Afghanistan over 3 years, but when Romania and and Nigeria were in trouble (and still are) we didn't give them a penny. We are trying to show everyone that we don't blame the citizens for the deeds of the Al Queda, but there are no terrorist organistations in those other 3rd world countries, why didn't we give them any money. Plus my local hospital is getting shut down so I am going to have to travel down to Cavan which is like 50 miles away if I break my arm or something.

Talking Hmmm...Boggles the Mind! But Consider...

Hmmm...most interesting. Most interesting indeed. But if a M$ version of Linux ever came out of Redmond, consider this most important point: Just think of the massive lay offs in the high tech industry... that is, an M$ version of Linux wouldn't need the large numbers of trained techs to maintain a corporation's network! Hmmm... but still an interesting thought, though.

If if MS did manage to write their version of linux. Why would anyone want it? We already have linux and it is:

1. Free
    2. Open Source
    3. Stable

As far as I know MS is allergic to the above. I just can't see it happening.
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

hope it's not!
    i still go with armed and phat linux because
    of its concept of free. does microsoft knows
    what free means?
    \"The more you ignore me... the closer i get!\"

they already tried....sort of...

they are a major shareholder of corel corp...

corel corp had a version of linux...

which didn't make em any money...

so they sold it xandros...
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

Angry

No!!!