Thread: Firewall (NOT what is it)

akanicknick

Firewall (NOT what is it)

hey all this is more of an opinion type of question i would say, but here it is,
    i have been having trouble with a person(s) attempting to hack onto my private network. i believe that it is one persistant person because they continue to target a specific port from different locations, but he is very good at spoofing his IP to the point that it is random and to me untraceable. i already run ZoneAlarm, & BlackICE. but i just want to know is there more that i can do to protect myself. or is there some specific firewall that is very good at stopping port scans or attempts of?

what port is being targeted?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

akanicknick
    sorry for not including information,
    the port he is targeting is 1218 which does not make any sense because it is merely a reserved port.

akanicknick

^^^typo^^^

i meant port 1214

nobodys trying to hack you, well not really. thats the port that kazaa listens on.
    if you have a dynamic ip you could have assumed the same ip as a a kazaa user how just logged off.
    But since it became know you could go into it with a web browser, thousands of people are scanning their ip block to see whats available.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”