Thread: Win vs Linux (SETI@home)

Talking Win vs Linux (SETI@home)

Hi all,
    I'm using a program SETI@home is a scientific experiment that uses Internet-connected computers in the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI).
    Ok there are too version of this program for Windows for Linux solaris and so on.
    I have tried use first the version for Linux RH 7.2 after I have download the version for Windows this are the result.
    linux 18h19m48.9sec
    windows 42h56m20.3sec
    Great linux is about 230% more fast than the same program running on a linux machine?
    I have used a PII 350Mhz with 256Mb RAM and more...
    The hard disk 1 with Windows is a DMA33 and the hard disk with linux not is an old fujitsu.
    Why?Why?Why?
    Ohhhhh but linux is better than Windows, maybe?
    Tell me if U are using the same program and U have the samne result, I'm very curius.
    By ICE

"Great linux is about 230% more fast than the same program running on a linux machine?"

???

THWONK makes a lot of sense bro. Nice negative points for me asking WTF your stupid tail was talking about when you posted something incorrectly. God, some people are so retarded.

I remeber running that program. It was along time ago on a little Windows box (120MHz, 32Mb)..It only used to run as a screen saver and took forever. I think I got bored with it after a month or so and it had only analyzed 8% of the data....

If anyone is interested in the search for ET you can download the screensaver HERE .......

I run seti@home too, my average time is 7h42m43sec
    --
    \"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.\"
    Dennis Ritchie.