Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sub7 Is Not Useless As Thought

Sub7 Is Not Useless As Thought

okay before u flame me for sayin sub7 is not usless at least give me a chance to exsplain myself : )

sub7 is a remote admin tool that can be somewhat helpfull when use correct or even sometimes incorrectly. Sub7 for the script kiddys can let u steal someones dial up ras so that u can have a backup ISP when u need it for free instead of payin for sumthin AOL overcharges all the time. Sub7 also is best for port redirection when usin programs like news groups, IRC, ICQ, and sometimes http. I heard yesterday sayin sub7 had no uses at all which i just found wrong. It might not have uses for everyone and even things it can do may be better not done or done by other ways but for the price (free) it is a easy program to find and can be helpfull at times when u really need a quick port redirection or sumthin on that lines. I do not think sub7 should be as public as it is to so many idiots but then again it is good that it is cause it alerts the awareness to simple people and if sub7 never came out then not as many people would understand how easy it is to have complete control of ur computer lost if you are not usin that thing 3 feet above your ass correctly.

so in closing i think sub7 is a RAT (remote admin tool) not a renote admin toy

-NetBioM-
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

okay before u flame me for sayin sub7 is not usless at least give me a chance to
    i wrote usless instead of usefull on accident

so please fix that mistake in ur head while reading it
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Sub7 is not a RAT...it's more like RPITA (remote pain in the ass) created with the intention of causing harm to someone else's PC. Why else would it do sweeps for 'servers'? It's very similar to BO from what I've been told and it's not sanctioned by any of the major companies who make true remote administration tools, like pcanywhere, etc etc..

Secondly, dude, please, spell-check your messages. You can't possibly "rip" on people about using "that thing 3 feet above your ass correctly" when you yourself can't even spell past a 4th grade level. And yes, that's constructive criticism, not a flame.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

sub7 is like a gun , it can be usefull to the right types of people at the right time.

im at school and i dont really check my spellin when im talkin to people on here because i can make a point without havin to make sure i spelt everything right. You knew what i was sayin and i was not insultin anyone with my comment but sub7 has helped more then it has hurt in my opinion. Sub7 taught alot of people a leason they will never forget in many diffrent ways. It has taught us not to try and remove a trojan if we dont know what we are doing, its taught us to never trust anything on here no matter how legit it may look, its taught us that DDoS bots can be made easly, its taught many people to run firewalls and other such security tools. U can judge my opinion all u want or disagree with me in every way u want, but thats the point in postin our views here, to get our views heard and hear others views on subjects we are interested in.

Sub7 may be lame in all ways to u, but it can be used to do good also. Ive seen peopl use sub7 clients on thier friends t get remote access to help then fix things on thier computer or even to file share. Of course there is better software out for these such functions but it is a start...

-NetBioM

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man

Angry Yup

I don't care what anyone says?What program was there when i didnt know what an ip and port were. What Program taught me when no other "hacker" would tell me a word?What ****ing program was there when I made that first connection, and my heart started racing?What program was there when i figured out that you can set up different servers such as FTp
    and Proxy and telnet?What program was it that taught me all about the structure of the internet, and directing data?Sub Seven 2.0 was dammit. I look at sub 7 as the program that changed my life.Flame if you want boys, I don't give a damn. I am being honest. I went through a phase of about a year where all i did was send that bad boy out in the most creative ways i could think. During that year binding it to EXE's then eventually changing the file signature as to not be detected(stealthy as the ninja).lol

Fortunatley I have long surpassed the use of RATS. BUt PPL talk too much shyt about sub7. i call them POSERS. True sub 7 is a gay ass way of remote admin but it taught me more than any person ever taught me. And OPened up a whole new world for me!
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Cheers Dr T.!

sub7 has taught many people alot... some people still us it and thats all but for most of us it just opened a door to more then we thought it ever could.

Supposing Sub7 is a RAT, is it ever used for that purpose? Never by professionals, or any fairly knowledgeable people, only by script kiddies. And why would a script kiddie need access to another person's computer? No offense guys, but there are other ways to learn.
    Why am I still here?

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    im at school and i dont really check my spellin when im talkin to people on here because i can make a point without havin to make sure i spelt everything right. You knew what i was sayin and i was not insultin anyone with my comment but sub7 has helped more then it has hurt in my opinion. Sub7 taught alot of people a leason they will never forget in many diffrent ways. It has taught us not to try and remove a trojan if we dont know what we are doing, its taught us to never trust anything on here no matter how legit it may look, its taught us that DDoS bots can be made easly, its taught many people to run firewalls and other such security tools. U can judge my opinion all u want or disagree with me in every way u want, but thats the point in postin our views here, to get our views heard and hear others views on subjects we are interested in.
    Well, it's really basic typing but if that's the route you want to go, that's fine. Understand that you're doing what 90% of the internet does and that's take shortcuts for everything. What's the result? You come off sounding unintelligent and uneducated. Same thing as people who have to talk slang all the time. Nothing's wrong with it, I guess, if that's what you want to do.
    Anyways, that's not the issue at hand. Sub7 was not created by someone to 'help' anyone. Whoever created it wanted to create a clone to BO to accomplish the same 'nefarious' deeds.
    That's not good in my book and I've already stated that I can't stand script kiddies, and that's what kind of people use it. It's a lame win32 application that somebody just HAD to create and because it's point-and-click, any lame fscker can download it, install the client on their machine, and get some poor hoser to install the server package on theirs and now they have unrestricted access to their machine. Man, am I glad I'm a unix admin where you don't have 1/20th of the problems as you do on winblows. Yes, it *could* be used for good purposes but I'm sure if I found sub7 on my machine, I wouldn't be thinking "oh yeah, someone can help me with my problems now". No, script kiddies out there don't think that way, period. And I'm not saying your opinion is wrong either...that's what it is, an opinion. The stability/usage of the program is what is wrong. If I hear someone talk about how they used sub7 to fix someone's machine, I'll support that theory, but I have YET to hear that from anyone.

What program was there when i didnt know what an ip and port were. What Program taught me when no other "hacker" would tell me a word?What ****ing program was there when I made that first connection, and my heart started racing?What program was there when i figured out that you can set up different servers such as FTp
    and Proxy and telnet?What program was it that taught me all about the structure of the internet, and directing data?Sub Seven 2.0 was dammit. I look at sub 7 as the program that changed my life.Flame if you want boys, I don't give a damn. I am being honest. I went through a phase of about a year where all i did was send that bad boy out in the most creative ways i could think. During that year binding it to EXE's then eventually changing the file signature as to not be detected(stealthy as the ninja).lol
    You don't need a PROGRAM to teach you anything about computers. Pick up a book, join a club, READ, ask fellow computer geeks. As for "hackers", how did you ask? If you asked in the manner of "Hey, how do I hack hotmail", well no ****, nobody would respond. The people that try to EDUCATE OTHERS are tired of dumbasses asking that question (or other related stupid comments) and ignore that person entirely. As for the 'first connection', that's script kiddie behaviour. Knowing you're in someone else's machine illegally, using a third-party program to do what you want, that's why your heart was racing. Not because you were learning anything. And setting up diff. servers? On said server machines which were unknowing victims? Yeah, that's illegal too. Now you can leech bandwidth, space, and provide your friends with a 'bounce' location for them to do what they want too. Right on! More script kiddie behaviour! Joy! You look at sub7 as a program that changed your life? There are WAY more 'standard' ways of learning how to do everything you just said. Myself, I learned about tcp/ip and services by sitting at my first shell prompt and just reading man pages and web pages and manuals and other people's work and asking people and just absorbing everything I could. THAT's the want for true knowledge, not using someone else's machine to illegally break into someone else's machine, set up services they don't know are running, and using their machine to do whatever you want. Good that you learned a lot of 'stealth' tactics but that's nothing compared to what you *could* learn. Good that you learn more. Bad that you're using a script kiddy tool to get there.

BUt PPL talk too much shyt about sub7. i call them POSERS. True sub 7 is a gay ass way ...
    See aforementioned "script kiddie tool to illegally access remote machines to do whatever you want" comment. And your POSER comment is rather humorous. Call me a poser all you want. I've already stated in other threads that I've had to defend against script kiddies on the fly, clean up after their mess (because my friends don't have a clue as to what's going on with their machine), and deal with their dumbass attitudes about how they think they're so l33t and how they o\/\/nZ b0x3z. Dumbass little bitch punks, that's exactly what I call them and I'll say it to their faces too. These are people who promote sub7. And these are the people you learned from. You do NOT have to learn how to "crack" someone's machine to be a "hacker". If I had to, I could break into a server too. I've done it before. And then I patched the whole box, emailed the owner of the box telling him I had cleaned up the box and that the other kiddies who originally took the box over had been closed out and then I remained on watch tailing the syslog for connections, shut down unneeded services to limit the attempts, and overall kept a silent vigil until he could get it back. That's a 'grey-hat' action for you right there.
    Take it for what it's worth but I'm providing a complete 180 from your point of view, and NetSyn's too. Too many times I've had to deal with lame fsckers who just have to bring other people's **** down. May they rot in /dev/null.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Sub7 is not a RAT.. as Vorlin said, Sub7 is a
    RPITA (remote pain in the ass)
    One might consider it usefull.... but then again, one might consider BO usefull, as soon as cDc decided to market it as a remote administration tool....

As most considered it, it was STILL!!! nothing more than a Remote Access Trojan.... key logger, password grabber (some might consider this the same as a keylogger, but many of the trojans actually grab it from the system files, rather than keystrokes) and a general pain in the ass...

Sure, people could say that it could have uses in a business environment... but What uses? What security? If I recall correctly, nearly all trojans have a backdoor password so that the creators can get access to not only those who are infected, but those who are the infecters....

If you consider BO (sure its old, buts its the modern day equivilant of Sub7), they realised that they could do amazing things with it.... and released it as open source.. essentially cutting it down chances of such a backdoor being included in the *client* packages....

Why would that be? could it be that cDc was being help responsible for its use in general? hell yeah... I don't think any court of law would accept that craptastic bullshit of "this information if provided for educational purposes only".. and if I recalll correctly, this was attached to the first copy of both NetBus & BO that I ever got....

Yes, as NetSyn said, Sub7 can teach a bit.. but nothing substaintial... I was caught by the trojan game when I got my net connection for the first time.... I was scared shitless as some ****er made himself feel good by tormenting a newbie..... I got the trojans... I tested them with my friends.... we realised that if you can do it with a program, then that program is only usefull to give you a starting point... yeah, I could download exploits till the cows came home, but would that make me better than those skript kiddie ****s... HELL NO!!!.... learning how the exploits work, what you could do to cause such a thing is what makes you better then them....

But sub7 and all the other crap tools are not RAT's... a RAT is a Remote Administration Tool.. not a remote access trojan.... If you want to see real power, get two computers, and get a real RAT.... I can garuntee you that your pathetic trojans cannot compare to a decent Admin Tool....

****, check out ReachOut.. its so old that the company has merged it to another 'e-suite'... but, for christ sakes.. I can administer my whole windows network without getting of my fat ass... so before you tell me that sub7 is a usefull RAT, check out a REAL remote administration tool, not something made by people who most of you could never aspire to be as smart as....

# Most do not agree with cDc's decision to help the FBI with that most definate failure of 'magic lantern', but cDc are some smart people, and I doubt they are being suckered by anything the FBI can offer.... hell, I wouldn't be suprised if there was simple trojan hidden inside the completed 'magic lantern'....

Anyway, I'm pissed, so BLAAHHH!!!
    Matty Cross...

ยก if you disagree, the link is below for you to vent.....
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

Damn Vorlin....
    You beat me to a long post again...

well, if I repeated anything you said, I agree wholeheartedly, and I'm pissed, so excuse me for taking so long to type it...

I don't believe in spell checkers... if you can't write it properly the first time, then why are you typing it at all......
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"