Thread: Sub7 BOMB

akanicknick

Sub7 BOMB

Just a simple straight forward q,
    what is a logic bomb? and
    what does it do with Sub7?

The definition of a logic bomb-
    A logic bomb is a computer program thats triggered by the appearance or disappearance of specific data....pretty self explanatory...

A time bomb works off time, obviously. The few that I have seen were all set for April Fools Day..

Usually, Trojans come with either of the above attached....

Cool

Logic Bomb is a code surreptitiously inserted into an application or OS that causes it to perform some destructive or security-compromising activity whenever specified conditions are met...

Sub7 can be considered one.. but it doesnt always do damage.. all depends on what the sender wants to do..

right. sub7 can be considered logic bomb.
    \"The more you ignore me... the closer i get!\"

Arrow Sub **** 7

alot of posts on sub 7 wtf is going on.... no wonder my firewall goes off every 30 seconds, with a sub7 scan...... i wish people would realize that even though it can be fun to play with sub 7... in the end it is them that will be played with ............. ;[
    The More You Travel, The More You See. The More You See. The More you Learn...................[knowledge]

Re: Sub **** 7

Originally posted by friqid
    alot of posts on sub 7 wtf is going on.... no wonder my firewall goes off every 30 seconds, with a sub7 scan...... i wish people would realize that even though it can be fun to play with sub 7... in the end it is them that will be played with ............. ;[
    How do you determine it to be a sub7 scan? I get "TCP FIN Scan" and "TCP SYN/ACK" or "TCP SEG SYN" etc. all the time, what program is running these scans is indeterminable. At least to me, I don't know what ports it scans or anything else about it really.
    -Shkuey
    Living life one line of error free code at a time.

Angry bleh

A logic bomb requires a certain set of data to be true before it is activated, sub seven runs continuesly. Sub Seven is a trojan not a logic bomb. Logic bombs are usualy simple if then statements. Like If Zepherin is removed from payroll then everyone is removed from payroll. CIH <chernople> was a logic bomb, it went off on hitlers birthday but if that didn't happen then it wouldn't do anything.
    Alternate realities celebrate reality. If you cant handle the reality your in, then you wont be able to handle the one your attempting to escape to.