Thread: AntiPoint Update #2

Banned

AntiPoint Update #2

Greetings All:

First off, I want to thank KorpDeath for this idea.

Now, under each user's name, you'll see the percentage of positive vs. negative AntiPoints that they've given out. This should make it more difficult for users to just dish out negative after negative AntiPoint, without going noticed.

Keep in mind, the system already punishes user's totals that give away a massively disproportionate number of AntiPoints in either direction, however, this addition will also make that user's actions more visible to the rest of the community.

Enjoy!

Excelent idea ! ! !
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

<excessively-nitpicky> The information could take up less space under the name, and it doesn't show how many (total) a user gave out, so some members have 100%/0% (or near) stats because they gave out a very low number of antipoints.

Not sure how to remedy the last one.
    </excessively-nitpicky>

Weird, I sort of thought I'd have a disproportionate number of negative antipoints assigned out... I like it though.

EDIT/ADD: <deleted>
    EDIT/ADD: Oops, I feel stupid. Forget it.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Banned
    Greetings All:

Ok, I've added the total number of AntiPoints that each user has given out as well. Probably a good idea to do for a number of reasons.

As for it taking up too much room? Urgh!!! You're going to have to live with that one

Originally posted by JP
    As for it taking up too much room? Urgh!!! You're going to have to live with that one
    Well, I've tinkered and gotten some passable icon-thingies, two for percentages and one for totals... I'll see how well they play in a web environment later. <shrug> I need by beauty sleep, otherwise I'll start turning people into stone by accident.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Just a question

Ok, before you flame away ... this is probably a question answered elsewhere, but I can't find the answer ...

A couple of times now, I tried to assign +ve antipoints to a post ... I get a message that it is done, but it still says I assign 50/50 negative/positive points.

Do you need a minimum number of posts/points to be able to give some away or am I missing something?

Thanks for the clarification.

BrainStop the newbie who feels like one too.

I think it's 30 posts before you can assign anti-points, till then they'll appear as grey dots that don't add or subtract points.

J.
    [glowpurple]manually editing your config files can break them. If this happens, you get to keep both pieces. [/glowpurple]

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply! I knew I was too much of a newbie ...

Oh well ... I'll just try to remember my good intentions when time allows me to show them!

BrainStop

there's nothing stopping you posting grey anti-points, most members care more about the comments than the colour.

J.
    [glowpurple]manually editing your config files can break them. If this happens, you get to keep both pieces. [/glowpurple]