Thread: Making it harder to double post

Hi mom!

Making it harder to double post

JP, maybe you could set some sort of limit on how many times (once, preferably ) one can post a new thread with an identical subject in a certain amount of time. I know this won't solve the double message posting-problem, but it'll end most double (tripple, ...) threads...
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

""" if i understood exactly what u meant """"

I think this will be a perfect solution if all people think the same way ...
    got my point !!!

i.e. I could use a subject for a thread similar to urs, but the internal post could be something else... it might be only the subject of the thread ... god knows why this ass hole subjected a thread with such a name, and then when u enter, ... it has nothing to do with the subject ...

I’ll give u a small example ... when I first registered to the AO .... I had no experience with the site … and to be honest with u my English language doesn’t support me that much …. After all am Arabian guy … and english lang. is a thrid place after french.

So I posted a thread with “ Would any one help !! “ and guess what .. each time someone go to my thread they have to tell me that the title has nothing to do with the post !!!
    Actually … I needed help .. coz’ some ****in hacker crashed my pc … that’s all …

So, I think keep it the same as it is will be much flexible for people to use . specially newbies
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

Well, that would then make people to make the subjects of the threads more descriptive...
    The limitor could (among subject) check the member status, since junior members are the ones most likely to do cross-posting (of course most of the junior members are good people, but still. Damn, I'm sure I'm again going to get negative AntiPoints for saying some truths...).

-ZeroOne
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

Re: Making it harder to double post

Originally posted by Guus
    JP, maybe you could set some sort of limit on how many times (once, preferably ) one can post a new thread with an identical subject in a certain amount of time. I know this won't solve the double message posting-problem, but it'll end most double (tripple, ...) threads...
    Are you talking about two people starting threads on the same
    subject, or a person repeatedly starting a new thread on the
    same subject?
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Hi mom!
    The latter - If you disable posting with the same subject-line for a few minutes after a user did that the first time, you filter out the occasional idiot that hits 'submit' three or four times in a row...
    Like I said, that works only for new threads, as replys most often don't have subjets...
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

the [delete] in edit works fine...
    but I agree with guus...
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

I agree!!!

It is so freaking annoying to find two of the same ****, or two threads that are completely different, but with the same subject!!
    Todo lo que no me mata me hace mas fuerte...

I would like to thank all the senior members who add me a red points …. What site is this … no one can say an opinion here …. What a democracy we have around … !!
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?