Thread: M$ Claims Warez Pirates Funding Terrorists

Cool M$ Claims Warez Pirates Funding Terrorists

Software pirates, long ignored by everyone but the software industry and those in search of cheap or free software, are increasingly coming under the scrutiny of government and law enforcement officials.

Software pirates are now being arrested en masse. Pirates are also accused of using the proceeds of their software sales to fund terrorist organizations and organized crime, and of impairing their home countries' ability to participate in foreign trade and investment markets.

http://packetstorm.widexs.nl/

its true!

their also funding construction of massive bases for aliens to use in their invasion of earth.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Funds are being collected from the sales of pirated software which is distributed freely? How does this work out? I'm not sure how you get money from free stuff. Thus proving that corporations are incredibly stupid.

Cool

nahh thats just Microsoft being stupid... lolz

I'm not sure if they are being real stupid or not, from a corporations point of view.
    BSA and M$ would like someone to go after warez-ers and they don't want to have to pay lawmakers to enact tougher laws against pirates nor do they want to fund the search themselves. So what do they do?
    Start making noises about how warez doods and warez groups are funding terrorists..therefore lighting a fire under the governments ass to do something about them since the government wants the public to think that they are doin everything they can do to combat terrorism. What this supposedly will accomplish (to M$'s mind anyway) is that the feds will make it a higher priority to go after the warez groups and for them to increase their pressuring of other countries to also toughen up on warez activities within their borders.
    Pretty smart move from Microsuck, I wonder who thought it up for them??
    Realityisanillusioncreatedbyanalcoholdeficiency.

Wink

hmm well genious work indeed but the Software Companies have to provide an evidence that warez ppl do support and fund terrorists.. and thats what they dont have... PROOF.. hehe

Disclaimer: The thoughts expressed below are just my paranoid opinions and each reader should keep that in mind when reading them

Originally posted by angelic_ky
    hmm well genious work indeed but the Software Companies have to provide an evidence that warez ppl do support and fund terrorists.. and thats what they dont have... PROOF.. hehe
    Ordinarily I would agree with you on that but, in today's political environment the government doesn't need proof that it's happening. How many harmless companies and charities did they go after who were "suspected" of channeling money to terrorist organizations? Now don't get me wrong, I in no way advocate or agree with the said terrorist organizations, but our government has not always been the good, forthright champion of justice that we wish it was. Basically what I'm getting at is that all the BSA and M$ have to do to give the feds the idea to go after warez-ers is to say that they believe it and our big business-friendly administration will start looking into it.

Lame

So, since Sept 11......MS now say Pirated software supports terrorists ?

That's quite lame to use a national tragedy to support their own $$$ goals.

Prior to then; the MS 'team' presenting Windows 2000 said publicly
    (and I quote)

"Pirated software is backed by organized crime ! All those who wish to support organized crime, please raise your hands"

Lame lame lame.

Re: Lame

Originally posted by dcongram
    So, since Sept 11......MS now say Pirated software supports terrorists ?

That's quite lame to use a national tragedy to support their own $$$ goals.

Lame lame lame.

Well, is this behavior really surprising considering the past actions of everyone's favorite monopoly??

Considering Gates stole the GUI idea from Apple (as well as ideas from other companies), I don't see what his beef is other than he's wants all money, along with the entire planet, to bow to him.

As for using a national tragedy to capitalize on warez groups and gain a few more bucks, that's beneath low. It's no wonder everyone and their grandmother hates Micro$atan.

-Migo