Thread: SuperStack?

SuperStack?

Im taking a networking class at one of the local colleges in my area. my teacher said he just bought a used 3Com SuperStack, whatever that might be. Is anyone familiar with it? The problem is that he can't use it because there is a root password on it and he doesn't know what it is. Does anyone know how he could find out what the password is so that we can use this thing for whatever we can. Thanx.

Cool

3Com SuperStack is a 24-port, stackable workgroup switch with fixed-port configuration. Two plug-in module slots on the back accommodate optional gigabit-backbone uplink, while stacking modules let you connect and manage up to eight SuperStack units as a single device. The switch's fixed ports are autonegotiating and default-configured as auto MDI-X, eliminating the need for crossover cables.

now if he bought a used one.. well d00d.. tough luck.. the vendor should have the password.. or atleast the record on who is da person who once owned it.. Only that person knows what the password is..

I don't know about that one specifically, but my HP switches can be reset to a default password by opening it up and playing with the little shiny things ... seriously I know they can be, it's just been so long I forgot how. Get out the manual would be my advice.
    -Shkuey
    Living life one line of error free code at a time.

hey why don't you just use that old brute force method? sure it will take awile but its better then just using that thing for a giant paper weight!

littlefro, would you know where i could get a brute force program. i havent searched google yet but its on my list. thanx

Cool

well it is a really bad idea to buy second hand computers/routers and switches.. due to security risks.. your teacher should know that..

Two easier ways to get that password outta there,

If its a SSII 3300 chances are it's still under warr. call 3com and tell em it's dead, if not tell em you need a pword cleared (you cant console in and clear these like you can cisco this is a feature I actually like)

They charge some nominal fee, as far as telling em it's dead they'll hold a cc# and ship you out a replacement.

You can also pop the thing open (it is annoying trust me) and get some skilled individual with a soldering iron to pull the batt off and resolder after a few minutes to clear the settings.

if ya screw up on that one your toast though

~THEJRC~
    ~THEJRC~
    I\'ll preach my pessimism right out loud to anyone that listens!
    I\'m not afraid to be alive.... I\'m afraid to be alone.