Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corporate antivirus recommandations

Thumbs up My $.02

1. Kaspersy AntiVirus http://www.kaspersky.com/
    2. Panda Antivirus http://www.pandasoftware.com/
    Both are easy to deploy on networks. I tend to sway to Kaspersy though. It has a nice migration. The admin can set it t run in the background with custom paramiters on each machine that can't be tempered with by the user. But it still allows users to do manual scans. If they find anything or the background scanner does. It has a multitude of options to be notified. It will even lock out the offending program until you can get to it. As well it will notify you at home via personal email when away.
    Norton is OK. I found MCaFee screwed things up a bit. Just my personal choices.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

I would have to go with Eversor and sonic on this. Symantec have been making quality products for years and they have an easy to use user interface and since they banded together with I.B.M for there virus definitions it makes there AV programs one of the best for virus protection.

ANTI-HACKERS

Thumbs up norton

i vote with the Norton and Symant. Solution .... it's doing fine in my company ... and we r running 4 servers with a 250 stations ...
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

Lightbulb

In this weeks Network News they have reviewed a few AV products, the full review & write-up can be found here

It's a good article with (IMHO) an unbiased review of some of the top AV vendors.

A good tip is to deploy a different AV product on the gateway than on the client machines, the gateway should also use stronger heuristics as this can again offer more protection (with less chance of disrupting client machines).

Lastly, the golden rule of any AV solution is good education for your users, if they're unaware of the risks of opening unsolicited attachments then your network can easily be the script kiddiez paradise.

J.

I agree with who likes norton Anti virus. I am fan of Norton. Anti virus Corporate Edition 7.6 is wonderful program. Their Live Update is always an asset for their softwares and highly recommend. Also snap in to any workstations to becoming manage. Server can scan all of them. You can kick back and surf anything you like to. Till they catch virus. It will email you to let you know that Virus Found!! It s very easy to use!

Norton Anti Virus & McAfee Anti Virus would be the two things I would recommend.
    Ah well...I\'m back on AntiOnline!

norton. A small caveat - individually load the engines on each server rather than the distribution method.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

While I have prefered Norton and Trend Micro, both missed Sub7 on a recent incident at work.. thank god for hardware firewalls..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

i'll recommend norton av.
    Listen closely to your enemies. They tell you your faults.