Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: theories of mine

Banned

theories of mine

i know this should have been posted in the Private Forums/Cosmos section but i don't really know the workings of a private forum so here it is.

i thought i'd post some things that I CAME UP with that boggle my mind. I may sound crazy to some of you folks but i had to tell some ppl more intelligent than me so i can get your opinions. like i said, i might soung crazy but bear with me.

1. The rate that which sound waves diffuse
    2. Cheating gravity

:::The rate that sound waves diffuse:::

Say that you are sitting in your bedroom listening out the window at the cars that pass by on the main road a 1/2 a mile from your house. You will probably hear a low rumbling noise. But, if you were right next to those cars i'm sure it sounds a lot different. My point being that somewhere along the way from the street to your house the sound waves changed and have been affected in a way that it changed the sound completelty. So, if you were to take all possibile factors (decibles, frequency, surface area, etc...) and devise a formula to know what the sound will be before it even reaches it's destination, you would probably be able to make a machine that can spit silence, and have it make a sound a mile away with no speakers or radios. Wierd huh?

:::Cheating Gravity:::

This one is kind of simple. Picture a really small magnet, north on one side and south on the other, as kind of like a pixel in a picture. Put all these pixels together to form a sphere of magnets but with all north poles on the outside. Now make a smaller sphere with all the south poles on the outside. What would happen if you put the smaller one in the middle? Most likely the force would be equal on all sides and it could float (if gravity isn't affecting it. but if it was, make all magnets electrical and balance the forces out) If this is true there could be a variety of great uses for it. Such as a hoverboard skatepark!.

Thumbs down

Well...refering to whether ur weird or not...I think u R. Get ur fundamentals rite...dude!

With reference to the topic of diffusion of sound-waves:

Due to the Doppler effect phenomenon. On the possibility of the machine spitting out silence; it is an interesting thought, but theortically not possible.

Cheating gravity?:

Have you ever seen or heard about a magnet with a just a north pole? Magnets are dipoles. It has a north pole and a south pole. It cannot exist with just one pole. It is not possible to isolate a pole. So...ur idea of "cheating gravity" is illogical. For further reading...refer to ur school physics book.

Cool

having studying Physics and Quantum Physics for 2 years.. well for the cheating gravity.. yeah that is possible..

gravity is based on the MASS of a certain object... which explains why the earth orbits around the sun and the moon orbits around the earth.. im sure you know that the moon's gravity is the one responsible for our water's tides..

and yes you can do that with a magnet.. having both sides of eaqual force none of them have enough strength to pull u on either side makes u float in the middle.. (that is if you are made out of metal..)

for the sound.. well there is no formula but there is an equipment that would measure the sound wave and annalize it and compare it with other sound waves to identify what it is.. each sound made by an object has its own peaks and drops.. those peaks and drops make up the vibration that is then picked up by your eardrum and translated to sound by your brain... but the vibration has to be detected so if you want to detect a sound from a far away and know what it is b4 it reaches u.. increase the sensitivity of the machine..

and about making a sound in a far away place w/o using speakers or radio.. well dat is theoratically possible..

in quantum physics.. we all live in a multiverse.. pallarel universe.. if an object can travel at a rate of speed that can distort molecular structure it is said to distort time and space itself..

so the rough idea is this.. u make a sound here.. sound passes through a worm hole (molecular space distortion) and speed slows down in a certain point and makes the sound detectable.. get me? or is that too complex for you? i can go through further detail but im not sure u wont be able to comprehend the idea...

WoW! That's really intresting! Please write more on this! Sonic and 5150 i'm talking to you!
    script language=\"M$cript\";
    function beginError(bsod) {
    return true; }
    onLoad.windows = beginError;

Post Cheating Gravity, a conceptual view

Now bear with me guys, because this idea is completely conceptual. I think that it may be possible to cheat gravity on a mental level. Now before you all go jumping down my throat about what i am saying, let me explain and also realize that this is a hypothetical. I think that this hypothetical my be possible in theory, but to execute it would be improbable.

With this disclaimer out of the way, here is the theory. Science has shown that it may be possible for people to have an inate ability to control their circumstances through their mind. For example, people with terminal diseases living, only because they desired to be healed. Other circumstances have shown people curing themselves of less extreme instances as well. In other instances people have "willed" (i use the term loosely) themselves to pass tests without studying among other things. Some of these things are done through positive affirmations. the form for positive affirmations is as follows: i, <name>, will <action>. Now, there are two theories on how these things work. The first is that brain waves are magnetic and every time we think, a magnetic wave (unique to each thought) is sent out. Due to cause and effect, all effects all, and these waves alter the things that we percieve to be reality. The other idea is that faith would allow these things to happen. In other words, "if i believe it enough, it becomes true" So, if a said person had a strong enough mental capacity, he or she could believe gravity does not exist and therefor over come it. It's a strange theory, but may be feasible, even if it is impossible to prove.

*** a note to think about: All reality is based on perception. Your reality is unique to the way you percieve things. Therefor, could it be possible to percieve something and alter reality? For example, if i percieve that there is no gravity, would in no longer exist in reality. (i know that this is very similar to the last idea i presented, with affirmations, but it could support it or stand on it's own because it is a seperate concept based on a similar idea.)

lord_darkside_x, deep thinking always leads to a fun conversation.

In other words, "if i believe it enough, it becomes true" So, if a said person had a strong enough mental capacity, he or she could believe gravity does not exist and therefor over come it.
    It would only become true to that person, but then they would have reached a point of insanity and not be in touch with reality. What you are describing seems to be very similar to the movie "The Matrix". Just because those people have thoughts implanted and they are in there own reality, it doesn't mean that true reality is like that. Though to them it is real, to everyone else it is not. If someone truely thought they were defying gravity and jumped off a building, though they thought they were successfully defying gravity, once they hit the groud, they are dead. The brain will stop working, and theoretically they wouldn't be in the state of mind that they were defying gravity. But then again, who knows what happens after death? And that leads to a whole new thread.
    An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure...
    &nbsp;

i understand you point jaredc, but i disagree. you are assuming that gravity exists immutabley. this assumption although it is excepted by the real world, does not have to exist in my theory. what if gravity only existed because we believed it? also, i have another theory to come soon... one i read somewhere.... but i have to find the text so i don't butcher it.

Cool

well it is thought to believe that human beings emmit an energy called "aura" now this energy is stimulated by the mind.. and there are some machines used to be able to see this invisible energy..

levitation is tought to be achieved by harnessing one's aura power to influence with the person's surrounding.. which means the person has to meditate more to learn how to harness his/her aura power..

and for the sound wave.. Sound cannot travel in vacum.. that is a fact given to me by a friend.. but if the sound intensity can be increase to such level that it will distort and break barriers of time and space.. (which means it also has to be faster than light...) it can travel to a worm hole and exit at one point.. during the travel in the worm hole.. the sound can be heard in the OTHER PLANE of the parallel universes.. and once it exits the worm hole.. it then slows down can can be heard in OUR plane.. get that theory?

you are assuming that gravity exists immutabley. this assumption although it is excepted by the real world, does not have to exist in my theory. what if gravity only existed because we believed it?
    Ahh... I do get what you are saying. I guess what it comes down to is if our thoughts aren't real, then what is? The possibilities are endless.... And this maybe a little off topic, but I think "The Matrix" did cover this really well. What if the technology was invented to take advantage of our senses and thoughts. What if it already is? That could be very scary...

Keep the theories coming. I like these discussions.
    An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure...
    &nbsp;

My theory on the reality thing is that each of us have our own individual perceptions leading to our own little reality, therefore, I agree that if a person thinks positively about something, then they can convince themself that what they see is real. That could be why many people are so different. I've also heard that is how a lot of the hysteria might have been increased during the time of the Salem Witch Trials. The girls could have just convinced themselves they really did see things. Now, about the aura, I have read stuff on that. Its just basically a field of energy around the body. I have seen (in real life) people move things by using energy channels in the body. I've seen this within close proximity of the objects, but I don't fully understand this.