Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: theories of mine

Banned
    Originally posted by D.J.
    Now, about the aura, I have read stuff on that. Its just basically a field of energy around the body. I have seen (in real life) people move things by using energy channels in the body. I've seen this within close proximity of the objects, but I don't fully understand this.
    You might wanna tell those people to contact James Randi and become millionaires...

The Randi psychic challenge
    Recently, he has solicited pledges and the prize is now $1,000,000 offered through the James Randi Educational Foundation. The only caveat is that the psychic must agree to be tested according to Randi's guidelines. His rules are little more than what any reasonable scientist would require. If you are a mental spoon bender, you can't use your own spoons. If you are going to see auras, you will have to do so under controlled conditions. If you are going to do some remote viewing, you will not be given credit for coming close in some vague way. If you are going to demonstrate your dowsing powers, be prepared to be tested under controlled conditions. If you are going to do psychic surgery, expect to have cameras watching your every move.
    Here's some more reading on 'aura's'...

well, DJ you are right about the reality thing. Anyone can alter his or her reality to some degree. This is usually the basis for dilusions and some insanity. The people believe things differently then they are. What i was talking about with the positive affirmations, transcends individual reality. It effects the physical world. As for reality being percieved though, i wonder if by altering ones reality, could one potentially alter other peoples reality?

Banned
    originally posted by duz733
    Have you ever seen or heard about a magnet with a just a north pole? Magnets are dipoles

originally posted by me
    Picture a really small magnet, north on one side and south on the other, as kind of like a pixel in a picture. Put all these pixels together to form a sphere of magnets but with all north poles on the outside
    yes i know this and i do believe it could be possible. the sound wave thing is pushing it but if a sound wave can start with sound and end in silence, maybe you can reverse the effect.

Re: theories of mine

Originally posted by 5150
    1. The rate that which sound waves diffuse
    2. Cheating gravity
    1. The Dopper Effect takes precedence here...there can be no sound if there is no medium(Air, Water, etc) to trasmit through. (Which is why space(a vacuum) does not carry sound waves, Sonic) It's impossible to 'jump' sound waves from one place to another, thus creating silence at the source and sound elsewhere from said source.

2. Superconductors DO float in said environment, as long as it's cold enough.

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

Red face theories:

The skatepark idea:
    How about this: just keep the outer sphere, and make a board something like this:
    Code:
         sssssssssssssssssssssssssss
      ssssNNNssssssssNNNssssssssNNNssss
    ssssNNNNNsssssssNNNNNsssssssNNNNNssss
    N=north pole
    s=south pole
    (sorry for that mutilation)

the board should be exactly the same on both sides, with the north poled areas expanded or contracted as needed. Reasons:
    (1)With the inside of the sphere being all south, and like poles opposing, the large amount of south on the boards will keep them hovering.
    (2)With opposite poles attracting, the amount (and position) of north on the board will keep it close enough to the "floor" of the sphere that you won't go flying out into the middle, and it will keep the board close to the same distance (about the height of a normal skateboard) at the top as at the bottom (even with gravity), though that is also dependent on weight of the user.

If the board is made correctly, combined with some tech innovations, the boards and sphere could be the equivalent of skateboards on the inside of a planet/space-object sphere (kind of like the planet on halo, but in all directions, if you catch my drift).

Of course, straps would be required.

As for Reversing the Sound Waves:
    I believe that would mean making objects that have the inverse properties of the ones used to create the original sounds, and a lot of of junk like that, often involving adding energy to the waves in precise fluctuations to do the opposite of the original, often random reduction of energy of the original sound dampening. In other words:
    It's alot of hard work involving a lot of precise measurements, computations, energy, and trillions of other things in order to reverse the original action. Almost like a one-way function, but a hell of a lot more complicated. The point, definately plausible, but who would want to? nevermind, I just know there's someone who would.

Thanks for paying attention if you did. PM me or post if you would like more explanation or to correct something, please.
    Preliminary operational tests were inconclusive (the dang thing blew up)

\"Ask not what the kernel can do for you, ask what you can do for the kernel!\"

akanicknick
    Just kind of wondering,
    All of you are talking and acting as if you were colege professors with all of your theories, so just a question, how many of you actually know what you are talking about?

Post credentials:

Not many.

I do however love science and math, and like to think about this type of stuff. I have at least a basic idea of the basics behind this all, and am capable of quickly figuring out or finding more on it.

Originally posted by s0nIc
    Sound cannot travel in vacum.. that is a fact given to me by a friend.. but if the sound intensity can be increase to such level that it will distort and break barriers of time and space..
    ROFLMAO. Uhm... no offense... but let me paraphrase something else that way. "But if the smell of my hamburger could be increased to such a level that it moves into Dimension X..." Sound is only a VIBRATION, which is passed along by moving mass, such as atoms and molecules. In a vacuum, it is empty. That's like trying to make waves in an empty swimming pool. No matter how much you jump, you aren't going to get the person on the deck wet.

As for the magnet thing...

First of all, all know magnetic sources have a "north" and "south" end, that is, we have yet to discover or find proof of magnetic monopoles. The magnetic fields interact! If you were to make a sphere of magnets, all of them with "north" (or "south") pointing towards the outside, you would need FORCE to hold them together. Think about it, the similar ends are closer to each other than the opposite ends, so overall the sphere will tend to fly apart, and as it flies apart, minute differences due to imperfections in the system will cause pieces to move slightly differently, which would make the whole thing rapidly collapse into a less-organized but more-stable clump of magnets clinging together.

As for the sphere-inside-a-sphere idea, even if you could keep all those magnets together in perfect alightment, you MIGHT be able to keep the inner sphere floating... But it's not breaking gravity. It's analogous to if I was sitting on a swing. I'm not touching the ground, but the swingset is supporting my weight. It's not antigravity.

Akanicknick: I don't think this is professor-level.

Originally posted by Kezil
    The skatepark idea:
    How about this: just keep the outer sphere, and make a board something like this:

Code:
    ssssNNNNNsssssssNNNNNsssssssNNNNNssss
    N=north pole
    s=south pole
    (sorry for that mutilation)

the board should be exactly the same on both sides, with the north poled areas expanded or contracted as needed. Reasons:
    (1)With the inside of the sphere being all south, and like poles opposing, the large amount of south on the boards will keep them hovering.
    (2)With opposite poles attracting, the amount (and position) of north on the board will keep it close enough to the "floor" of the sphere that you won't go flying out into the middle, and it will keep the board close to the same distance (about the height of a normal skateboard) at the top as at the bottom (even with gravity), though that is also dependent on weight of the user.

If the board is made correctly, combined with some tech innovations, the boards and sphere could be the equivalent of skateboards on the inside of a planet/space-object sphere (kind of like the planet on halo, but in all directions, if you catch my drift).

Of course, straps would be required.
    I think that board would have a tendency to flip vertically and plant it's nose to the ground... Also, even if you could somehow bind the magnets together in the right configuration easily, they probably would have to be so powerful just to support their own weight against a 'carpet' of other magnets, that the side effects would probably be certainly unhealthy. That is, your body's electrical nervous system, ionic cell transfer, ferrous materials, etc... would be probably be really screwed up. Don't go near those things with metal fillings, eh?

As for the sound-by-remote thing, it's psuedo-possible. Sound is just a wave, (not an electromagnetic wave) which has to move through a medium. There *is* such a thing as "antinoise" but all that means is a method to dynamically counteract rhythmic noise by making counter-vibrations to dampen out the net vibratory effect. It's sort of like using a spring attached to a person on a swingset, if you pull at the right times, you'll start to slow them down and dampen their oscillation. Antinoise is just normal noise which is timed just right to dampen sound waves. It is not the same thing as 'white' noise, which is just a sort of semirandom noise which drowns out more rhythmic signals.

The only way I can see that you would cause sound to be heard one place, without being there, and without it being heard in the intervening space, is to have TWO sound sources, and set up the sound emission so that certain areas are 'dead zones', where the two sources interact with destructive interference. There would always be certain zones where it COULD be heard, however... but it isn't a straight-line kind of thing. It's an area effect of hear/can't-hear zones. (I would imagine it looks quite like an optical diffusion pattern.)
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Terr...

I never claimed that to be safe, just possible (I've seen an interesting thing like this though: a man with access to a superpowerful magnet levitates everything from coins to frogs in it and there have been no ill effects so far). As for the board flipping on end, it would be designed specifically not to.

Waves:
    The sound waves are dampened by what they pass through/come in contact with (ie trees, interfering waves, dopplar effect, etc.). If you were to set up an area with the exact opposite/inverse conditions, it should reverse the effect, though it would probably be a lot harder to do than the original effect.

Re: Terr...

Originally posted by Kezil
    The sound waves are dampened by what they pass through/come in contact with (ie trees, interfering waves, dopplar effect, etc.). If you were to set up an area with the exact opposite/inverse conditions, it should reverse the effect, though it would probably be a lot harder to do than the original effect.
    So... you mean ADDING energy to the signal? The energy is lost as heat through vibration and friction... So you'd either need a revolutionary anti-entropic material (which doesn't really exist and breaks some thermodynamic laws) or... a nice amplifier

Why not just put a radio somewhere, then? It would be far simpler, and would use existing technology, without having to make a sound-detector-and-amplifyer that looks like a tree.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency