Thread: HP ProCurve Switch help?

HP ProCurve Switch help?

Hello everyone!

I was at work today, and I had a little bit of trouble diagnosing a problem with a HP ProCurve switch. Basically, people are getting disconnected and reconnected to the switch (the physical link-light is going on and off). There doesn't seem to be any particular pattern, and all intrusion detection features are shut off. I also did a line test on the cabling for each port that was experiencing problems, and each one passed just fine. I tried switching the ports down to 10Mbit or 100Mbit (depending on the cards that were in the computers) from Autosense, but that didn't seem to help at all. One thing I noticed was that there were a lot of RX errors (FCS mostly), but it doesn't necessarily mean that each host that was bumped off has had an RX error, just some of them. Either way, I'm basically stumped. The only thing I can think of is that maybe there is something going on with the way the two ProCurve switches are hooked together (ie maybe the stacking settings are messed up). If anyone can help, or has had more extensive experience with ProCurve switches than I have, please let me know!

Thanks!

Regards,
    Wizeman
    \"It\'s only arrogrance if you can\'t back it up, otherwise it is confidence.\" - Me

Well, I'll take the lack of response to mean that no one knows anything abou ProCurve switches?

Regards,
    Wizeman
    \"It\'s only arrogrance if you can\'t back it up, otherwise it is confidence.\" - Me

Senior since the 3 dot era

Re: procurve

I saw the same at the company I work for in my vacations, I think it was a defect port/switch... however you sated that connections and switch are ok. So you have another prob
    try this website for more info:
    http://www.8wire.com/techfocus/

VictorKaum:

Well, it isn't totally out of the question that the switch could be defective, but it is highly unlikely because I also tried switching the ports/module that the computers were on, and it still happened. There are 5 modules, with 8 ports per module, and it seemed to happen pretty uniformily throughout all of them. If anyone else has any ideas, let me know. I'll probably end up calling HP on Monday if I don't come up with anything.

Regards,
    Wizeman

FreeAgent

Lightbulb

Well I had something to say, but now im lost for words.... lol

Keepen it real
    FreeAgent