Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Forum: AntiOnline Addicts!

Banned

New Forum: AntiOnline Addicts!

Greetings All:

The AntiOnline Addicts forum, which is being moderated by Terr, is now open! Anyone with 100+ posts under their belt is welcome to begin reading/posting/and replying to threads!

Enjoy!

I guess I dont quaifly....since I've only posted to 10 threads....

Oh wells.

just a word of clarification...this particular "pissant" was just lettin you know about the bug in the AO Addicts forum...not flaunting it.
    Still think its a good idea tho...see ya in about 80 posts.

Edit: Make that see ya in about 230 posts. At the rate I'm goin that will be in about 2 months.
    Realityisanillusioncreatedbyanalcoholdeficiency.

Banned
    Greetings All:

At the request of several AntiOnline Addicts, the number of posts needed has been raised to 250. Sorry about any inconvenience, and I look forward to seeing all of the present and future AntiOnline Addicts in this forum!

It's a good think I can't allow or deny specific users, or I might just be swamped with requests :P A post limit is dandy, but some part of me can't help thinking that a combo-equation of post-limit and time-of-registration... aw heck. It's good enough. And that's half the problem with working with computers:

"But... but... ios::precision() isn't working right!"
    "It's good enough, Bobby, we can understand the output."
    "But... but... the nice borders! The UNICODE! I can't leave it! I HAVE TO FIX THIS!"
    "Bobby..."
    "GOD! WHY DO YOU HATE ME, GOD!?"
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

JP, im not sure if you were listening when I said this on the IRC, but I am very impressed with all of the recent changes in the site. You have made antionline much more user friendly than before, hey and we have moderators now too, Thats cool. Anyway, good job....blah, blah, blah,...keep up good work blah, blah, blah.....Im back.....BLAH!
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

sweet....!

Hi all,

Just my 2 cents about the addicts forum:

I understand the need for entry qualifications, but I think the minimum posts limit isn't a very "fair" indicator... I mean, yes I only have 74 posts (75 including this one but all of my posts have been meaningful, no flames, etc. Between, I've been hanging at AO for longer than probably 95% of the members (I've been reading AO for about 5 years, back when it was the 2nd site desing I think (the one with the blue/purpleish motif background, with the text in a centered table), I'd think that makes me (some sort of) AO addict..

Anyways, it's not as if I'm really po about this, I just think it's slitghtly unfaire...

JC (Ammo)

PS: How many "addicts" are there right now (ie: <250 posts?)

Heh! ironic, JP only has 230 posts (as of now)

not many posts, but

I come hear every time I come on the internet, which is almost everyday. I don't post much because what I would say was often already said before, therefore making my posts unnecessary. Maybe posts should not be the only determining factor?

(btw, this is not meant to whine about it, I don't mind too much if I have to wait till I achieve 250 posts )
    Preliminary operational tests were inconclusive (the dang thing blew up)

\"Ask not what the kernel can do for you, ask what you can do for the kernel!\"

Yeah I wouldn't consider myself an addict since addicts go to rehab.
    Also Can I have my state flag up instead of the U.S. flag. Iowa is it's own country and it's a shame that I have to have a U.S. flag up.