Thread: Multiple Updates & New Features

Banned

Multiple Updates & New Features

Greetings All:

I'm still hard at work on the forums. Here's the latest:

* Someone requested this once, and I told them it couldn't be done. Well, I found a way to do it. On the post pages (including new thread, new reply, pm's, etc.) vBcode and smilies will now be inserted wherever the cursor is instead of at the end of the text. (IE users only)

* You can now preview a message when you're editing it, instead of just when you're creating a new thread or reply.

* Your Private message center now has a guage showing what % of your allowed PM space is filled.

* You can now select the country that you live in under the "edit your profile" option in the "Your Account" box on the main page. The flag of that country will then appear under your name in each post you make, as well as in your profile. New users will have the option to select this on the registration form.

Enjoy!

AntiOnline Senior Member
    I love the flag idea! Keep up the great work JP!
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]

Ditto on the flag idea..especially since some of us (ahem...me) choose to be flippant when telling where we are from. I believe it helps a little when talkin to someone to have an idea where they come from. That way the more intelligent ones out there can take into account cultural differences when a misunderstanding occurs.
    Realityisanillusioncreatedbyanalcoholdeficiency.

Heh! Yay... but now you'll need to provide an Antionline Clientside Objects download and option in our site options, so we can download all the smileys and images and have the image links point to our hard drives all the time, saving bandwith Nah, I've got Opera's trusty 'only cached' option anyway.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Banned
    Greetings:

Hahaha Terr. I never thought about a "Antionline Clientside Objects download" to save on bandwidth, but I have considered doing dynamic gzip compression on server output, muahahaha! Clients that are HTTP 1.1 compliant are set to auto-decompress these pages, thus saving on bandwidth! Unfortunately, it also increases server load a good bit to do, soooo, it will have to wait until I get an uber sun box to host AO on.

Originally posted by Tortured Spirit
    especially since some of us (ahem...me) choose to be flippant when telling where we are from.

Tortured Spirit's Location

The death-penalty capitol of the world

Is that something to be proud of though? I'm strongly opposed to the death penalty myself. What if you kill just one innocent person? Is that excusible? It's not like the US Justice system is 100% correct all the time and innocent people do get arrested.

Anyway, perhaps this topic should be debated in the Cosmos forum....

Banned
    Greetings:

Yes, it should be discussed in the Cosmos forum. You're filling up my thread on Multiple Updates & New Features that I worked so hard on