Thread: Set a "hacker" to catch a "hacker"

Cool Set a "hacker" to catch a "hacker"

Pimpshiz, the hacker who rose to notoriety in 2000 during a pro-Napster defacement spree, has gone straight. Although his case is still pending in the US judicial system, Robert Lyttle, as he is now known, is trying to make a break as a security expert.

With a string of website defacements under his belt including military, FBI, and Nasa sites, Lyttle has started up a security company, Sub-Seven Software. He believes that the security industry could do with a word of advice from the dark side of the hat.

"Only a hacker can defeat a hacker. The threat of digital malice seems only to grow. Reports show that, even when new security measures are deployed, computer crimes do not decrease; often they increase," he said.

http://www.vnunet.com/News/1128657

PS: Warning.. this article is really stupid.. true.. but stupid...

Blackhat gone white huh. Im sure he can offer a different perspective, but he had a bad choice as a company name. Why would I think anything called sub7 would have any knowledge of computer security?
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

Cool

lmao.. true.. i dont know but that silly name (Sub-7) gives me the impression that he is still chucking sh*t...

I think Sub-seven software is NOT a good name to go by. I'm sure there are many other company names that would be much better
    script language=\"M$cript\";
    function beginError(bsod) {
    return true; }
    onLoad.windows = beginError;

Will people use his service?

i dont think i would? its like bring a seriel killer with a biz name of chop-em-up, into your house to protect you from a seriel killer.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Senior since the 3 dot era
    Yep, the name sub seven is not a good choice
    my suggestion: "Lyttle Probe"

Another name for his company bight be :

M.E.F.M.F.T.H.Y

Also know as Make it Easier For My Friends To Hack You

i dont think a black hat can every truley turn to the good side. i think after doin sumthin that big u will never turn ur back to a good chalange when u think u can do it
    But thats just my opinion... i could be wrong...

Gray Hat Forever

-NetSyn
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

Cool

i dont think i would? its like bring a seriel killer with a biz name of chop-em-up, into your house to protect you from a seriel killer.
    LMAO.. haha i love dat bit..