Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great read on TCP/IP **Free**

Great read on TCP/IP **Free**

I found a great book on TCP/IP in .pdf format. It is IBM's TCP/IP redbook.
    The book is about 986 pages. I havent gotten to far in it yet but it looks great.

Just thought I would post this for anyone who wanted to check it out and learn about TCP/IP if you dont allready
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    ....and here is the link? TCP/IP Tutorial and Technical Overview

The TCP/IP protocol suite has become the de facto standard for computer communications in today's networked world. The ubiquitous implementation of a specific networking standard has led to an incredible dependence on the applications enabled by it. Today, we use the TCP/IP protocols and the Internet not only for entertainment and information, but to conduct our business by performing transactions, buying and selling products, and delivering services to customers. We are continually extending the set of applications that leverage TCP/IP, thereby driving the need for further infrastructural support.

In TCP/IP Tutorial and Technical Overview, we take an in-depth look into the TCP/IP protocol suite. In Part I, we introduce TCP/IP, providing a basic understanding of the underlying concepts essential to the protocols. We continue our discussion in Part II with a survey of today's most popular TCP/IP application protocols, including emerging wireless and multimedia applications.

Finally, in Part III, we cover advanced concepts and the latest infrastructural trends in networking, including IPv6, security, Quality of Service, IP mobility, and MPLS. We address the challenges that TCP/IP is currently facing and the technology being developed to overcome them.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

Sorry about that. The link didnt display for some reason

Here it is

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/pubs/pdf...s/gg243376.pdf
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!

That's okay...

My link is just to the page that the book is found on. It's a pretty in-depth read. Thanks.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

thanks for both of u guys .. it is really helpull ...
    pls give me more i want to learn more and more.
    it doesn't means i am not looking .. but i haven't got that book and will find it now.

thx mate
    When I lay me down to sleep, Pray the LORD my soul to keep.
    If I die before i wake, Pray the LORD my soul to take.

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=389

Way back in the day when ol' TK was studying for his MCSE (don't laugh....I know, I know, I needed a job!) I used one site in particular for TCP/IP help. I just checked it out again and the format is quite different, but the all important sbunetting tables are still there. This site was very much a contributing factor to me getting a 980 out 1000 on my TCP/IP exam. Here is the link.

Wow!! Another good one. Most (not the protocol numbers) was covered in my MS class last semester, but it's great to refer back to. Thanks for the great reference!

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

Since were on the subject here is a link to tcp/ip illustrated http://tit.irk.ru/tcp_stevens/index.html
    another good read
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

I feel like a geek in a geek store this morning.....I've book marked like 15 sites. I usually don't find that many worth book marking in a whole week! Thanks, prodikal.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

thanks for Redbook link. I've been looking for my copy for a while and haven't been able to locate it ( know exactly what folder it was in two computers ago )

Funny thing is, now I can't remember why I needed it. Anyway, great reference to have on hand.
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes