Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A "Free" Forum

I think Terr's idea ia one of the best for keeping AP abuse down. Everyone has been hit with negs for no good reason. It is ridiculous.

I like the idea that we as a community could help balance out the problem of the "balancing out AP's".

Well this sounds like a good idea...

Old Fart
    Antihaxor...you've been away for awhile evidently, so first let me say 'welcome back'...I don't know you but I have read and enjoyed some of your past posts and it's nice to know your back and contributing again. Secondly, watch out for 'drive-by' Ap's....lots of good people and good threads have been getting shot down of late by seemingly random salvos of reds.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

er0k
    y0 antihax0r thats a great idea bro. i cant post a damn thing without getting negged all to hell. if i posted a 30000 page tutorial on how to construct a processor that runs at like 15.7 ghz, and gave free procs to everyone i would still get negged simply because of the non-separation of irc and forum (i.e. separation of church and state ) j/k anyway. the free forum would be good because i could be an active member again without my enemies out there, or rather ppl that think are offended by me, or something to that extent, closing my threads or whatever. anyway good post antihax0r.. if i could give points again, id give you some positives hehehe :P

Hey, I got an idea. I really like this 'free' forum idea, and I understand how 'bad' people would abuse it, so. . .why not make it anonymous? Have the moderator be able to view the posters {so that he can moderate the forum}, but no one else. That way it would truly be a 'free' forum. There would be no reprisal for speaking your point of view, but their would be no reward either. Just that of communicating your idea. So what do you think?

Entropy: Thats a good solution to the problems with the "free forum." but wouldn't it just be easier if you had a controversial post, to sign out, then post it as a guest, rather than give more work to the already busy moderators of AO? (unless of course they're not busy and want more work )

Also, in addition to the "assign towards even" maybe the ppl whose votes are worth say, 8 APs could choose a number to assign up to the total, either positive or negative. That way, they could gauge their response based on the need.
    My $0.02...
    Darwin\'s rollin\' over in his coffin, The fittest are surviving much lest often,
    Now everything seems to be reversing, And it\'s worsening!
    --nofx, American Errorist

Banned
    just an idea to what terr and negative said realy jerks would go and find an unrelated post but it would stop the majority i would think so anyway
    rioter

JP's probable reasons

I think I have figuered out why Jp hasn't (and probally never will) created this forum.

1)If he did this then why have an antipoint system at all?The system is more than just a check and balance for the board. It is a cross sectional view of humanity as well. How friendships and alliances form...as well as how rivalries and enemies square off. If I had access to JP's logs I could write a book on socialogy and anthropology as well.

2)The kind of topics that this forum will propagate simply aren't of interest to JP. In fact if you read his post in the "reparation" thread you will see his dislike towards such topics.

3)There is a current workaround as has been pointed out...post it as a guest.

4) A forum without the current antipoint system would be very difficult to moderate.

5) If you don't like it then go create your own board...heh heh right GG?

Great idea antihaxor.

Even I also a worst hit of -points. I have posted my problem in "Crazy XP Spoilt" thread started by Eculid. The problem made me to reinstall XP. After posting my problem, I thought of posting the one in separate thread. I started "Windows XP Hassles" thread in Microsoft Security Discussions forum. I got negs.

I think what i did was not a mistake. I am not against AO rules and I feel bad for this.
    ragmyn

At the heart of the Internet culture is the force that want to know everything about you.