View Poll Results: Which would you prefer in programs?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Removed functionality

5 20.83%
  • Time limited

5 20.83%
  • Ads/banners

13 54.17%
  • Spyware

1 4.17%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll: What's your programming level?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Question Poll: What's your programming level?

For the upcoming newsletter we are curious as to what is the current level of most of our security programmers here. The reason we are asking this is to help tailor the articles on programming to the majority. This doesn't mean we will leave out beginner programming tutorials but we would like to know if it will be worthwhile to include some intermediate and advanced programming articles.

So put your place on the poll. Many thanks.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

i guess i go in the "begginer to intermediate" level...i've only been taking c++ classes for a few simesters, but i can pretty easily look at any c/c++ tutorial and atleast begin to understand it right away. after a few read-throughs i usually have a pretty much total understanding(atleast i like to think so :-P)

not sure if that really goes in the "begginer to intermediate" or "intermediate to advanced", but i think its the former.
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

Just bumbing this up to the top. This is a very important thread just because it will show what level the majority of AO members are programming at. So the AO newsletter will have an idea of what level to start the programming section on.

Also would like to say to be honest about it. Don't clam to be ellite if you are a begineer.

Talking

Just giving this another nudge up to get more info on our users and what level they program at. Helps make for a better newsletter.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

PUSH -- BREATH -- PUSH

DAMN IT I got the Topic to the TOP

PUSH, BREATH, PUSH

OMG ITS A BOY
    You\'re either a 0 or a 1, alive or dead

Just my thoughts on what tutorials would help the most. Or at least, what'd help me the most. HTML is totally unnessesary. You can go to www.htmlgoodies.com for that. There are already a lot of VB tutorials out there so you don't really need them. I could use something in Java, especially in C++. The problem I've found with most C++ books and such, is that they assume you know C already. So I guess the best, would just be a variety. Something for everyone.
    Why am I still here?

hehe

i am a proggrammer
    i am a programmmer
    i am a programmer

i write code
    Nuff said...

hi, just giving my input to the poll. i think i would be placed at the beginner/intermediate level. the programming
    language that I'm somewhat familiar with is c++. i have started on my own simple programs to gain experience,
    still referring to books. i wold greatly appreciate some c++ on that level. thanks! btw, could you place some
    advanced html stuff in there, too? i'm very good with html, but i'd like to learn more!

Hello everyone!

I just thought I'd put my two cents in about what sort of tutorials I'd find helpful. I basically know how to program just about anything with the exception of Microsoft Foundaction Classes stuff (GUI crap in C++). Anyway, what I'd find the most useful would be a tutorial on programming security. What I mean by programming security is checking for basic ideas of buffer overflow checks, and other such obvious errors that cause many programs no-a-days to be ridden with security holes. I can certainly say that they don't cover any of these sort of security concerns in any of my programming classes in college, and I think it is a necessary thing to learn.

Regards,
    Wizeman
    \"It\'s only arrogrance if you can\'t back it up, otherwise it is confidence.\" - Me

Talking

As a reminder those interested in submitting articles on secure programming and security programming should get their articles in by February 22, 2002 Midnight EST. Based on the present poll, you should orient your programming article to a beginner-to-intermediate level. This doesn't preclude having a more advanced article however. I would like to see one advanced programming article in place.

Remember you can send the articles to me via PM or via email at msmittens@msmittens.com (plain text or Word doc welcomed).

Thanks in advance for helping to make a great newsletter.