Thread: Need help with Telnet!

Question Need help with Telnet!

Hello everyone! Well it's not like I know nothing of the subject, but when it came to practice- I failed!
    Basically, if you can provide any good info on using telnet, it's commands and ablities, I would be very greatful!

-------------------------------------
    Houston! We have a problem!<CRASH>

Lightbulb Telnet

Did you use the force? Try useing a search engine such as Google. It's a fast and reliable search engine and it's what most of the members on AO use to find what ever it is that they're looking for. You can telnet into your box remotely with telnet or sign up for a shell account and telnet to what ever the host address is. You can also access other people's boxes IF you have their permision. There are a number of different telnet clients that can be configured for different sessions. Telnet is a command line interface and when you sign up for a unix shell it uses unix commands. For more information on telnet click here.

Remote_Access_

i experience a different problem
    am working in a lab in which am an ordinary user and i can't connect to a remote box. i think there is some other method to connect if U use a proxy.

my n/w is a samba on a linux domain and the proxy server is on a dedicated machine. if Anybody can have a hint to configure a node in a proxy for telnet

i searched on google with the link remote_access given to us but in vain

What are some free servers? I am running Mactelnet which is the same except for mac.
    I need some good learning and later cause damageinc.tv is SHUT DOWN!!!!!!

Re: Need help with Telnet!

Originally posted by canada
    Hello everyone! Well it's not like I know nothing of the subject, but when it came to practice- I failed!
    Basically, if you can provide any good info on using telnet, it's commands and ablities, I would be very greatful!

-------------------------------------
    Houston! We have a problem!<CRASH>
    I don't exactly know what you want to know, but I'll add some links to basic tutorials. It should be easier to help if you wrote down your OS and what you'll use telnet to? Will you connect to a *nix box or to a router, printer etc, etc.

Anyway here is some "real" basic tutorials and a warning aswell:

If you have access to a *nix box use the best online-help available: man 'telnet' and pray for that the man pages are installed .

Happy telnetting !