Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Get a load of this: (national ID card)

Thumbs up

Originally posted by VictorKaum
    Hey, why all that panic?

Here in Belgium we all (all people > 12 year) have an Identity Card
    On the card is a number called 'Rijksregisternummer' or 'Stateregistrynumber' with this numbe they can track you down: age, gender, location, social status, birth date, birth place, parents names, criminal status.

No 1 here does have complains against this... is this a privacy violation... perhaps.
    No one complains until the government decides to use the data to
    persecute you, but by then, they already have all power in their
    hands.
    Europeans should fear this more than Brits or Americans do.
    After all the holocaust was perpetrated in Europe.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

federalizing anything is an infringement on states rights. By its very nature, its fair to some and unfair to others.

the mood of this country up until sept 11, was a more decentralized government. with things like each state minting its own coins and more decisions made at the local level.

sept 11 is being used by the power mongers to take control. This country does not want or need control to prosper. control has the opposite effect on an independent people.

The "id" card they proposed is to include data from "unspecified" government and law enforcement departments. these departments are buying un-verified information from data miners:

"Through the mining of public records and the purchase of credit reporting data, private sector companies are amassing troves of personal information on citizens for the government," said EPIC attorney Chris Hoofnagle in a statement. "Serious questions exist involving citizen access to profiles, their accuracy and the potential for misuse of personal information"

newsbytes
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man

Holy God!

Oh my God its starts...

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by niboreon

Functionally, how is this going to be any different than my S.S. card or passport?
    Both are "national id cards" in nature, albeit that they grant me specific priviledges.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well heres the scoop....These ID cards will be "SMART" cards. Alot like your Visa or Master cards. Having basically your whole life story programmed in COBAL on a little magnetic strip.
    Also I see these Cards not only having a picture for identification, but also your finger prints blood type,medical records ect...everything about you!

But it won't stop there. I don't know if any of you you have heard of the "EURO"? Its a currency sweeping the European nations. A common currency being used in order to boost the economy in western europe.Who knows how many countrys economies have failed being forced to accept this Currency.Eventually ours will fail. And our ID Cards will become more important.Seeing as how you can lose your card or it could be stolen, these cards will become outdated, bringing the "Smart Chip" for identification. At this point in time, Computer Hackers will be the terrorist because the "ONE DATA BASE" is not 100% secure. And Us being the information addicts will compromise this system. And we will be hunted down like dogs.

On this grimm note I apologize for apocolyptic theory.But we're all gonna die very soon.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Hmm, interesting topic.. I get so filled with different emotions. Ofcourse it´s bad in the sense of privacy and the risk of everything getting out of hand as Dr Toker says
    you can lose your card or it could be stolen, these cards will become outdated, bringing the "Smart Chip" for identification
    My verdict is: Over my dead body.

But
    VictorKaum: Can you please name some things you/belgium has found positive with a card like this.
    Dear Santa, I liked the mp3 player I got but next christmas I want a SA-7 surface to air missile

well guys, this is just the beginning of the loss of freedom.

The government has absolutely no right to my personal information.
    But they will.... under the new laws they are trying to impose, there will be no such thing as personal information. All things will be avaible if they desire to find out. The sad part is, all this will come to pass because of september 11th. Everyone is all hyped up about terrorism and security. So anything the government tells them will help, these people will do it, no matter how comprimising it is....

Question

nothing in this society is free. but i'd give up a little of my civil liberties to know that my family & friends are safe. got to give a little to get a little.
    4ChecK

--ssshhh, be vewry, vewry quiet...

Angry

this is a bad idea waiting for a diasaster. So called national registrations of any kind almost always end up being used by the state against the populace. I'm a good student of history. It shows that when you keep trading a little right and a little right there, over time the effect is to disenfranchise yourself to an overbearing hierarchy.

VictorKaum, I do not agree with you at all this time. Because there is not yet any evidence of misuse does not equate to no future misuse. Europe has given civilization many positive contributions. It has also, by way of these very same means, given us two world wars.

Note - I am not bashing Europeans, but merely pointing out that several governments there have used national registration systems of various kinds to oppress their people and others.

Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

privacy or no privacy, the sept11 would have still happened because as lame as those terrorist were they knew something about encryption....

i agree with the use of a national id card since it would bring a lot of facilities to everyday life...
    all you need is one number to remember ...easier.... plus if you were in france you'd know tthat with this we get whole bunch of advantages automatically ..... as students you get subvention to pay rent indepandantly or race/age/religion/ grades .... not bad hehehe ? something called almost free healthcare compared to the states .... (back to the student ex: you won't get a 3nd year hairhead medicine student poking on you knee when your troat hurts i'm sure that sounds familiar) and other things like that....

it's also true that i'd hate to have credit cards companies/spam agencies/private bussiness have acces to my personnal information, that's when the justice comes in ... make the penalties so severe that god dam it they use it just only once they are out of bussiness for good .... that should get the message loud and clear.

yet this could be a lot easier if the gov was serving us instead of us serving us.... let's all go out there and do some serious protesting .!!!!! frazier is coming on... gtg
    assembly.... digital dna ?

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man

Angry

Gawd....
    How many rights will we give up? How far will we go to save our skin and feel secure?
    I will not give up my freedom! I seem to remember someone saying........

GIVE ME FREEDOM OR GIVE ME DEATH!

Dammit! I want to be free! Looks like good ol' USof A isnt as free as we thought. Canada is looking a little better these days.Besides they got good pot there.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Anyone remember CueCat? That little mouse looking thing that scanned in bar codes then entered them into a database via the internet, along with your geographical and any other personal information you supplied? Kind of sucked when their database was penetrated and the cracker got thousands of users personal information.

Imagine that scenario with this database? Identity theft would sky rocket. And anyone who tells me that a government database is secure is an idiot. I've seen mirrors of the thousands of hacked .gov sites.

We shouldn't trust the government, because the government doesn't trust us. They might as well skip this whole National ID card idea, and just start tatooing us with bar codes at birth. We all know that's what they really want to do. Those bar codes would go good along with the Guardian Angel chips that they are already implanting under animal's skin to track them.

Of course this is just my opinion, but I think the government has done their fair share to create my views on this.
    An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure...