Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Village Idiot

I say we put some sort of post limit to view the cosmos thread since it looks like it´s not gonna be a invite only forum. Maybe that would sort out the worst abuse? What do you people think?
    Dear Santa, I liked the mp3 player I got but next christmas I want a SA-7 surface to air missile

Lightbulb Re: what do you think?

I say we put some sort of post limit to view the cosmos thread since it looks like it´s not gonna be a invite only forum. Maybe that would sort out the worst abuse? What do you people think?
    - I think that question needs to be in the site suggestions forum.
    I also think that the cosmos should have some sort of restraint like the AO addicts forum.
    Just my opinion though.

Remote_Access_

I am against those post limits.

If anything we should be using the antipoints to limit access to the forums, not how many posts you have made. It seems like some jerk off that has an opinion about everything can just flame everyone all day and still have access to those forums simply because the amount of posts. Meanwhile, someone can have a fairly decent amount of Antipoints, and won't be able to access the forums just because he hasn't posted enough. Seems kind of unfair.

As for the antipoints, I think people should just deal with it. Everyone receives unfair antipoints, and I think constantly complaining about it may just cause JP to get fed up and remove the feature all together. Getting Negative antipoints isnt that big of a deal. Sure it sucks if you don't deserve them, but the people giving them out are probably getting a hell of a lot more negative antipoints than you are. I just don't want to see the whole system removed because of everyone whining. That's all.

Anyway, that's my two cents on everything.
    An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure...

man

I got negative antipoints with the message "its a fact, i agree with it"
    man people must not like to agree with me.
    Alternate realities celebrate reality. If you cant handle the reality your in, then you wont be able to handle the one your attempting to escape to.

"I am against those post limits."
    - You shouldn't be. The post limit is a good idea. If you would post more often then you would think the same thingm but seeing that you don't have nearly enough post to amount to shiznit, you disagree.. I understand your point of view, I just don't agree with it.

"If anything we should be using the antipoints to limit access to the forums,"
    -Ermm.. I agree with you there but if you limit access by post AND antipoints then you'll have a better forum and better post.

"not how many posts you have made."
    - Bah, why not?.. Senior members should have more privliges than the members and junior members. It's how the membership status works.

"It seems like some jerk off that has an opinion about everything can just flame everyone all day and still have access to those forums simply because the amount of posts."
    - Yeah well there are ppl with alot of points that still flame. What about them?

"Meanwhile, someone can have a fairly decent amount of Antipoints, and won't be able to access the forums just because he hasn't posted enough. Seems kind of unfair."
    - No it dosen't. It will encourage the user to post more and with the APs being a factor, it should make the post good post.. so how is it unfair? Oh.. cause then YOU couldn't participate in it.. Don't try to ruin it for everyone else. It's fair.

"As for the antipoints, I think people should just deal with it."
    - Blah

"Everyone receives unfair antipoints, and I think constantly complaining about it may just cause JP to get fed up and remove the feature all together. "
    - Haha, no it isn't. Shows how much you pay attention. The AP system is staying, despite the problems and your opinion

"Getting Negative antipoints isnt that big of a deal."
    - Unless it's YOU getting the negative points huh?

"Sure it sucks if you don't deserve them, but the people giving them out are probably getting a hell of a lot more negative antipoints than you are."
    - Just because they recieve negative points dosen't mean they have the right to rain on my parade and give me negative points.

"I just don't want to see the whole system removed because of everyone whining. That's all."
    - If you would read the forums and pay attention you'll notice that the AP system ISN'T going to be gone dispite what ppl think.

"Anyway, that's my two cents on everything."
    - That's about all your post was worth.. go ahead and keep it.

Remote_Access_

Talking It's me

I just have to confess. It's me........
    Just look at the number of folks who do not give + or - points. Now there is the answer to the worries. Don't give them out.... Let JP know that the system needs to go, AWAY for good.
    As for my mood today: FROGGY, with sunshine expected a little later this afternoon.
    KNOWLEDGE IS OF TWO KINDS: We know a subject ourselves or we know where to find information upon it. SAMUEL JOHNSON

*sad* I am not verry active in writing new posts and have a long way to go before I'll reach the '250' limit, but I agree with Remote_Access_ on this one. The post limit is a good idea imho..

I think that Remote_Access_ has said all in the post above so I rest my case for now .

OK, Well I guess I will join in on the little game so I can have the honor of being part of the elite senior member group.

So from now on even if a reply isn't necessary, I will go ahead and reply. And from now on instead of doing one long post I will do a bunch of small posts so my post count will go up. And from now on instead of just posting my thoughts and not bother replying a hundred times to everyone in the same thread simply to restate my original post, I guess I will start. And hey while we are at it, I'll start flaming everyone and there mother because those seem to be the ways to become a senior member. What's so senior about it? I don't know, but since it seems like everyone supports making pointless posts I'll jump on the bandwagon.

Now on to other things... or wait, maybe I shouldn't compact this into one post. That won't get me to be a senior member, so I'll just waste more thread space like everyone else does since it is so accepted here.

Originally posted by jared_c
    OK, Well I guess I will join in on the little game so I can have the honor of being part of the elite senior member group.

So from now on even if a reply isn't necessary, I will go ahead and reply. And from now on instead of doing one long post I will do a bunch of small posts so my post count will go up. And from now on instead of just posting my thoughts and not bother replying a hundred times to everyone in the same thread simply to restate my original post, I guess I will start. And hey while we are at it, I'll start flaming everyone and there mother because those seem to be the ways to become a senior member. What's so senior about it? I don't know, but since it seems like everyone supports making pointless posts I'll jump on the bandwagon.

Now on to other things... or wait, maybe I shouldn't compact this into one post. That won't get me to be a senior member, so I'll just waste more thread space like everyone else does since it is so accepted here.
    Wow!! Who pissed in your cheerios? Are you that upset that you're not senior member?

I mean really, come on, do you need to be like that? I think enough people have that attitude here, don't you?

Don't go to the dark side....hehehehehe
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

The post limit is a good idea. If you would post more often then you would think the same thingm but seeing that you don't have nearly enough post to amount to shiznit, you disagree.
    My posts don't consist of a bunch of catchy one liners, I try to post once per thread so I don't drown other people's opinions out, and I usually stay away from flaming. But maybe I should throw my manners out the window so I can become a senior member.

Senior members should have more privliges than the members and junior members. It's how the membership status works.
    Membership status is based on how many posts you make. That is the first problem. I could post a bunch of pointless ****, and argue about stupid **** just to gain posts under my belt, but I prefer not to. Instead I like to post 1 longer thought out post, instead of a bunch of pointless ****. That is why the anti-points were origianally created for, to seperate the village indiots from the members. But a village idiot can post 250 pointless replys and become a Senior member. Sorry that doesn't make any sense to me.

"It seems like some jerk off that has an opinion about everything can just flame everyone all day and still have access to those forums simply because the amount of posts."
    - Yeah well there are ppl with alot of points that still flame. What about them?

I wasn't talking about receiving anti-points for flaming, I was talking about flaming to gain posts and then becoming a senior member. Basically Flamers = Senior Membership Status. Again, doesn't make sense. Anyone can post 250 posts. I could post 250 posts today if I wanted to, but I wouldn't want to flood the boards with useless **** just to gain a title next to my name.

It will encourage the user to post more and with the APs being a factor, it should make the post good post.. so how is it unfair? Oh.. cause then YOU couldn't participate in it.. Don't try to ruin it for everyone else. It's fair.
    Actually no, it will encourage people to post more, and not care about Anti-Points. Why would someone give a crap about anti-points if they don't control any kind of access to this site. I could have the most anti-points out of every member, but unless my posts are at 250 I can't access certain forums. So screw anti-points, I'll go with pointless posts, and flames, just to gain senior membership.

Shows how much you pay attention. The AP system is staying, despite the problems and your opinion.
    Well, if the negative anti-point receivers are bitching, and the postive ant-point receivers are bitching, why the hell would JP keep the system intact if everyone is being a whiney bitch about it?

Unless it's YOU getting the negative points huh?
    Nobody like receiving negative points, but I wouldn't start a thread crying about it. Oh wait, maybe I should... that would add one more post under my belt, and get me on my way to becoming a senior member. Thanks remote, i'm starting to learn from you.

Just because they recieve negative points dosen't mean they have the right to rain on my parade and give me negative points.
    So go start another thread and cry about it.

If you would read the forums and pay attention you'll notice that the AP system ISN'T going to be gone dispite what ppl think.
    Time will tell... I bet you thought Enron was going to be around forever too.

"Anyway, that's my two cents on everything."
    - That's about all your post was worth.. go ahead and keep it.

I forgot, my opinion doesn't count, I'm not a senior member. Maybe you should restrict access to this thread too. I didn't know it was only for you and your little elite group of people. Keep on giving me reasons to respond, maybe one day I can be cool like you oh mighty Senior Member.