Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Village Idiot

Originally posted by KorpDeath
    Wow!! Who pissed in your cheerios? Are you that upset that you're not senior member?

I mean really, come on, do you need to be like that? I think enough people have that attitude here, don't you?

Don't go to the dark side....hehehehehe
    I simply stated in my first post, that I thought it was unfair how you can have a lot of positive anti-points and they don't count for anything, yet just because you don't have 250 posts you are restricted from certain forums. Shared my opinion, said it nicely, then Remote goes on some crazy rant against me.

So I think I finally understand how to get to the top. Pointless replies, threads, and flames. What can I say, I learn from the best. Thanks Remote.
    An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure...

Remote is not the problem, jared_c. Your idea might work but you won't be helping yourself or anyone else by doing that.
    And as far as Remote's response. I kinda think he's right, although a bit harsh at times. IMHO.

So, in the end, you can knock yourself out being pointless but it's not gonna get you anywhere.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

It still doesn't make sense. Someone can have three red points next to there name. They have them because all they do is flood, flame, and post in stupid threads like "Worlds Longest Thread", and they can have access to the areas because they have over 250 posts. That doesn't make sense. That's all there is to it. And if you think it is fair then there is really no reason to even argue anymore. But I'll take Remote's approach, and I'll keep replying, even though arguing is pointless, because it is the only way to get posts.....

So keep em coming... only about 150 more for me to go. Then I'll be chatting with you in the restricted forums. Yippie!

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    I only have one thing to say about people who post negative points for opinions and/or don't leave comments or leave comments that aren't worth the number of bits they're comprised of:

Where're you when I'm in RTCW or MOHAA? I'm on as Vorlin, just look for me...I know I'll be looking for you! Have a grenade...or three...or some mp40 rounds...or a jeep mounted .30...(list goes on).

Yeah it wouldn't accomplish much but damn, would it be good if we could all get in any kind of FPS and just game all night? I bet things would calm down quite a bit...that or the ones who piss everyone off here would quit after 10 minutes of being spawn-killed.

Be vewwy vewwy quiet...I'm hunting dumbass posters!
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Red face Jared_c is the village idiot

Wow!! Who pissed in your cheerios?
    - That's what I'm sayin'.. WTF is your problem?

Remote is not the problem, jared_c.
    - My thoughts exacally..

"OK, Well I guess I will join in on the little game so I can have the honor of being part of the elite senior member group. So from now on even if a reply isn't necessary, I will go ahead and reply.And from now on instead of doing one long post I will do a bunch of small posts so my post count will go up. And from now on instead of just posting my thoughts and not bother replying a hundred times to everyone in the same thread simply to restate my original post, I guess I will start. And hey while we are at it, I'll start flaming everyone and there mother because those seem to be the ways to become a senior member."

- Ermm.. wow, what a wonderful way to contribute to AO. Thanks.

"What's so senior about it? I don't know, but since it seems like everyone supports making pointless posts I'll jump on the bandwagon."

- Don't bother. We have enough people like that already. Lose the attitude, you used to have good post. It's not even a final decision on what the requirements are so CHILL!

Now on to other things... or wait, maybe I shouldn't compact this into one post. That won't get me to be a senior member, so I'll just waste more thread space like everyone else does since it is so accepted here.
    - It's not accepted here and I hope on of the moderators reads this.

It still doesn't make sense.
    - Need me to explane it to ya?

Someone can have three red points next to there name. They have them because all they do is flood, flame, and post in stupid threads like "Worlds Longest Thread", and they can have access to the areas because they have over 250 posts. That doesn't make sense.
    - Blah blah blah.. </END_RANT>

That's all there is to it. And if you think it is fair then there is really no reason to even argue anymore. But I'll take Remote's approach, and I'll keep replying, even though arguing is pointless, because it is the only way to get posts.....
    - My what an idiot you are. Arguing isn't the only way to get post. Why don't you try to post a USEFUL thread or CONTRIBUTE? Nah, you couldn't do that could you?

"So keep em coming... only about 150 more for me to go. Then I'll be chatting with you in the restricted forums. Yippie!"
    - Those forums are restricted to keep post like these and people like you OUT.

" My posts don't consist of a bunch of catchy one liners, I try to post once per thread so I don't drown other people's opinions out, and I usually stay away from flaming. But maybe I should throw my manners out the window so I can become a senior member."
    - May be you should learn from the senior members. Post something useful and try to help.

"Membership status is based on how many posts you make. That is the first problem. I could post a bunch of pointless ****, and argue about stupid **** just to gain posts under my belt, but I prefer not to."
    - Then what exacally are you doing?

Instead I like to post 1 longer thought out post, instead of a bunch of pointless ****.
    - It dosen't matter if you make a one line sarcastic remark or 100.. it's all pointless ****.

"That is why the anti-points were origianally created for, to seperate the village indiots from the members. But a village idiot can post 250 pointless replys and become a Senior member. Sorry that doesn't make any sense to me."
    - Nothing makes sense to you dose it? You just don't get it do ya boi?

'but I wouldn't want to flood the boards with useless **** just to gain a title next to my name'
    - Then stop complaining.

Actually no..."
    - actually yes

"Thanks remote, i'm starting to learn from you. "
    - No your not. You only pick you negative concepts and ideas.

"Time will tell... I bet you thought Enron was going to be around forever too."
    - Did i say anything about Enron?

I didn't know it was only for you and your little elite group of people.
    - I didn't know it was either. I thought it was open for everyone to view.

"...then Remote goes on some crazy rant against me."
    - No, not against you.. against what you said and what you think. There's a difference.

"So I think I finally understand how to get to the top. Pointless replies, threads, and flames. What can I say, I learn from the best. Thanks Remote."

- Don't try to make me look bad by making that statement. You didn't learn that from me. I didn't tell you to make an ass of your self. Get over it. If you don't like my post and threads put me on ignore or simply don't read it.

Remote_Access_

Let me get this straight. I post an opinion that says I think the anti-points should have more of an impact on site restrictions than the amount of posts a user has, you then reply by flaming the hell out of my post and saying "That's about all your post was worth.. go ahead and keep it." then slamming what kind of member I am here by saying I don't contribute. Then I am the one accused of having an attitude for replying back? It is all fine and dandy that you can flame the hell out of a simple post that wasn't bashing, or insulting, or directed at anyone but as soon as I reply back I am the *******? You can site there and make a long ass post flaming what I say but when I put a long post saying it is messed up suddenly I am the *******?

You say I don't contribute to AO, while you make bullshit waste of space threads crying about receiving negative anti-points?

You say you hope a modertor reads my perfectly legit post and then what? Kicks me off of AO because I made a suggestion that might strip you of your "I'm a senior member" power trip?

It still doesn't make sense.
    - Need me to explane it to ya?

That would be something new. I think I would be amazed if you replyed by saying "Well I think posts are more legit than anti-points because..." but no, you didn't. Why? Because you were too busy flaming. In fact I bet that 250 of your posts are nothing but flames. I haven't argued with anyone on here until today, how many people have you argued with, and flamed? And you have the nerve to tell me that I don't contribute.

- Blah blah blah.. </END_RANT>
    There you go again.. don't back it up, don't tell me why i'm wrong, just blow it off and hope no one realizes that you can't say **** to that. Typical.

- My what an idiot you are. Arguing isn't the only way to get post. Why don't you try to post a USEFUL thread or CONTRIBUTE? Nah, you couldn't do that could you?
    I have positive anti-points from YOU for contributing. I try to contribute with important stuff such as news articles and making comments on hardware/technology related posts. Notice how I don't contribute by starting pointless threads like yourself. That is why I have less posts than you. And over all that is why I am only a "Member", not a "Senior Member". Which just proves the whole point of my original post, your amount of posts doesn't matter, but your anti-points do.

- Those forums are restricted to keep post like these and people like you OUT.
    If it has people like you in it, I don't want to see the posts. AOAddicts? What a joke.. how about renaming it to AO FLamers, that would be more accurate.

"Membership status is based on how many posts you make. That is the first problem. I could post a bunch of pointless ****, and argue about stupid **** just to gain posts under my belt, but I prefer not to."
    - Then what exacally are you doing?

Replying to you. It isn't pointless **** when you reply to me, but it is when I reply to you? Everyone keep your mouth shut, Remote_Access_ is talking. Nobody type anything new because unless he is the one replying it is pointless ****!

It dosen't matter if you make a one line sarcastic remark or 100.. it's all pointless ****.
    It does matter, if I made 100, I would be a Senior Member.

Nothing makes sense to you dose it? You just don't get it do ya boi?
    No, I think I get it fine... I have already explained why I think anti-points are more legit than posts. So far the only thing I got from you is posts are better because you have them. So your theory still does not make sense to me. Now that is your cue to explain why it does, not to start flaming. But you will just flame because that seems to be your twisted idea of contributing.

Then stop complaining.
    Stop being a dick and I'll consider it.

"...then Remote goes on some crazy rant against me."
    - No, not against you.. against what you said and what you think. There's a difference.

I consider "jared_c is the village idiot" against me.

you don't like my post and threads put me on ignore or simply don't read it.
    If I put you on ignore then I can't reply to your bullshit posts directed at me. So flame away master, I'll be watching.
    &nbsp;

I am sorry to hear that the mysterious antipointer is still giving out negative hits for people expressing thier point of view. Its even more annoying when they refuse to comment why they dislike the post. We will find out who it is eventually and when we do..well we can fix it so he doesn't have the hit power he does now(by reducing his antipoint total)....has anyone heard any feedback on the "free" forum I suggested? I have been away for a few days.

Talking Re: Village Idiot

"Let me get this straight."
    - It may take you a while..

"because I made a suggestion that might strip you of your "I'm a senior member" power trip?"
    - You sad, strange little man. You were about 10 or less post from having the senior member status then you start trippin' cause you aren't a senior member. Geez, lighten up. What is it, like 6 more post and you'll be one? You couldnt chill out and post rational thoughts an opinions untill then?

"In fact I bet that 250 of your posts are nothing but flames."
    - Use the "Search for more post by usr" feature. Do you see 250 post of me flaming?

"I haven't argued with anyone on here until today..."
    - Well WTF was it about today that made you so pissy?

"...don't tell me why i'm wrong..."
    - I dont need to when you know you are.

"I have positive anti-points from YOU for contributing."
    - That's cause you usually post good threads and replies untill today. Chill out. You're almost a senior member. You have a good amount of antipoints. Again, why are you so pissy today?

"I try to contribute with important stuff such as news articles and making comments on hardware/technology related posts"
    - Keep trying. Those were good posts.. where'd they go?

"If it has people like you in it, I don't want to see the posts. AOAddicts? What a joke.. how about renaming it to AO FLamers, that would be more accurate."
    - Oh bullshit. If it wasnt a big deal you wouldn't be so pissy and you your self said you were just posting to get more stats.

Everyone keep your mouth shut, Remote_Access_ is talking.
    - Especially you. Keep your mouth shut, I'm talking.

"Nobody type anything new because unless he is the one replying it is pointless ****!"
    - Haha, I wasn't aware that my post meant that much to you but what ever floats your boat.

"No, I think I get it fine... "
    - I don't think so.

"But you will just flame because that seems to be your twisted idea of contributing."
    - Ermm.. No.. did you read the human cloning thread? How about the death penalty? Look at my profile and you can see my last 20 post. You can even view ALL of my post with the "Search for post by usr" feature.

Stop being a dick and I'll consider it.
    - Stop being a bitch and I'll consider it.

- No offence. Just geting your attention and obviously I did.

Remote_Access_

"Let me get this straight."
    - It may take you a while..

Smart Ass Remark #1

You were about 10 or less post from having the senior member status then you start trippin' cause you aren't a senior member.
    I could care less about being a Senior member. All I did was state that I think anti-points should be more important than post amount. You started giving me **** for sharing my opinion, and damn right i'm going to get pissed and post back.

"I haven't argued with anyone on here until today..."
    - Well WTF was it about today that made you so pissy?

Because you were being a dick. Like I said, you posted back a nasty response to a simple post stating my opinion, so I had to post a reply back.

"...don't tell me why i'm wrong..."
    - I dont need to when you know you are.

Smart ass remark #2 - Don't bother saying why, I don't really care what you think and it is obvious you can't possibly post something intelligent to change what I think.

Chill out. You're almost a senior member. You have a good amount of antipoints. Again, why are you so pissy today?
    Again, I don't care about being a senior member, I would rather post a few large posts than a bunch of small pointless ones to gain posts. However I still think it is unfair that when you see a link posted that goes to the AOAddicts forum, and you can't get in it because of your post amount. And I still say anti-points should have an effect on whether or not you can access the forum, not how many posts you have made. Any dimwit can post 250 replies.

Keep trying. Those were good posts.. where'd they go?
    Posted a thread yesterday with a bunch of articles, and posted one today. They are still here. But when someone calls me an idiot and says my opinion isn't worth anything then tells me not to post, I kind of get a little pissed off.

Oh bullshit. If it wasnt a big deal you wouldn't be so pissy and you your self said you were just posting to get more stats.
    First of all, I was being sarcastic. I was clearly pointing out that anyone can post 250 replies by flaming, flooding, and posting pointless ****. Second of all, i'm not pissed that I'm not a senior member, I know I'm only a few posts away, I still disagree that forums should be blocked because of post amount. It makes the whole concept of anti-points pointless (no pun intended).

"No, I think I get it fine... "
    - I don't think so.

Smart Ass Remark #3 - Feel free to explain, but I think you have already proven that the only reason you like the post limit is because you are over the post limit. It seems that it has nothing to do with quality of posts, only quantity. If it had to do with quality you would agree with me on the anti-point limit instead of post limit.

With all the smart ass remarks you make, it's kind of hard not to reply back.

- No offence. Just geting your attention and obviously I did.

For future reference, don't get my attention like that. Unless you want to go through this again.
    &nbsp;

FreeAgent

Thumbs up

Some dude came up to me today and asked me if I was the Village Idiot... B/C im 20 and I was riding down the street on a monkey bike... I looked it him kinda like this. ---> Then got up from my monkey bike and sayed no sir the Village Idiot lives 2 blocks down on the right...

Keepen it real
    FreeAgent