Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok already. Anti-points.

Thumbs up Ok already. Anti-points.

Anti points are a good thing. It alows one to seperate the weat from the chaf so to speak. I have one problem though. If they are an ASS Hol*^*^&^(^$$#^^ then give them anit-points. If anyone express's a point of viem politely in any form. Well thats a point of view and they should'nt be degraded for it. We have men and women that have died in our country just for someone to have the right to express one's own opinion. I would give my life as well for the right for the same. Don't shoot them down for that. This way we all have a chance to get a view of the world at large and the opinions that make up a great collection of people.

Anyway. To the point. I have given plenty of possitive points ( about 30 I think ) and only 2 negative to butts in the crowd. However, none have showed up on my profile ( ie... the number given out + or - ) anybody know what gives. Lets all be free, and respect everyone's opinion. Live and die free!!!!!!
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

The reason you're points aren't adding up is because you haven't given any yet. You are only a junior member, and juniors can't accually give points, just the comments.
    RedTheFed

\"If you can\'t make it good, make it look good.\" - Bill Gates

Well how do you go up a level? like ie:junior member to member and so on? and what do anti point do?

ANTI-HACKERS

Lightbulb Re: Antipoints

You build up your status by posting. I cant remember the exact number of post required for each status but here's a decent guess:

45 - 50 you get a custom avatar but it must be limited in size
    60 member status
    100 + senior member status

I don't know who said it but it's a great quote:

I may not agree with what you have to say but I'll fight to the death for your right to say it.
    Remote_Access_

Re: Re: Antipoints

Originally posted by Remote_Access_
    You build up your status by posting. I cant remember the exact number of post required for each status but here's a decent guess:

45 - 50 you get a custom avatar but it must be limited in size
    60 member status
    100 + senior member status

I don't know who said it but it's a great quote:

Remote_Access_
    Actually it is 30 posts for Member status, it is 45 for custom avatar.
    Your right about the senior member status
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Smile TIA

Thanks guys. I was not to sure. I have been posting and giving points. I'll be up with you guys shortly I hope. LOL This has got to be be the best forum for network people and technicians so far. I have been in BBS's and newsgroups since the early 80's... But, however you guys have got to be the best so far. THANKS. I'll continue until I meat you expectations. Thanks again.................................. I love the way I and get a veiw of all perspectives witout the spam or BS from the regular newsgroups on her. My humble respect and thanks to all. Nameky you JP. Thanks to all. Keep up the good posts.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

I may not agree with what you have to say but I'll fight to the death for your right to say it.
    It's Voltaire, I've used this quote my fair share in the past.
    -Shkuey
    Living life one line of error free code at a time.

The only problem I have is when some ppl will assign negative anti-points for a joke I posted in another thread.
    And then they didnt even have the jewels to tell me to my face in the thread...just slapped me with neg points and made some lame remark about using Windows....oh well...thems the breaks when you prefer the penquin in a M$ dominated world.

One good thing tho.... I haven't been called a "kiddie" in decades....makes me feel yung!! LOL

btw...b4 anyone accuses me of whining....just blowing off steam...nothing more...nothing less.

Realityisanillusioncreatedbyanalcoholdeficiency.

FreeAgent

Thumbs up

I was a member at 30 threads I guess it b/c im special......

Keepen it real
    FreeAgent

there is also the use of color to show anti points, green, red and i think grey? is there a grey?

green= +ve
    red= -ve
    grey= ??

rgds
    de