Thread: Help

Help

I'm fairly new at all of this. I would like to know what i need to know to start computer programing. Such as the best "How to" sites, the stuff that I need to know before I even start going into programing, stuff like that... Can anyone help me?
    Of all the things I\'ve lost
    I miss my mind the most
    -Ozzy

Banned
    Dedication, youll need to spend a lot of time working at learning a programming language.

Try www.programmersheaven.com

Always a good place to start

http://code.box.sk

If you are having trouble post your query in the Programming Forum where all the coders reside.

Oh and Good Luck!

Start

C++ is a good one to start with... Go to: http://www.freewarehome.com/Programming/Tutors_t.html
    They have links and downloads of some nice freeware tutorials on several programming languages.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

I'm here to read, I'm here to learn. Thank you both very much!
    Of all the things I\'ve lost
    I miss my mind the most
    -Ozzy

Cool U2

Anytime. Everyone needs a little help once and a while. I had someone to help me once up on a time to get started in this business. I have always tinkerd with puters since the Tandy days and BBS's. But when I went to work for the TN Dept. of Corrections years ago. I had a network technician take me under his wing after he saw that I new what I was doing. He taught me all I know and it got me launched in my computer business. So then I quit, now I work on puters and networks full time. Good luck to you.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

according to me what u do it u first learn C language and then go for C++. as u told that u want to learn something which is pre-programming sort of so according to me first just read the fundamentals of C language and then try to write some basic programmes. when u compile them and they run properly u will get utmost satisfaction and encouragement and u will gain more and more interest.
    believe me sometimes the programmes may be frustrating ...but don't feel upset...those will be the keys to success....

once u learn C upto some good extent..then go for C++ that way u will find C++ easier to understand and intresting.

for C language refer this www.cprogramming.com

happy learning ...all the best...

intruder...