View Poll Results: Would you like News posts to go into their own forum?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, a specific forum would be good.

15 93.75%
  • No, they are fine where they are.

1 6.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does AO suffer from feature-itis?

Does AO suffer from feature-itis?

Hey all...

I wanted to poll if people agree with me that AntiOnline is suffering from feature-itis...

All the new functions don't seem to make it easier to surf the website..

They are neet though...

so what do u think...
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    I think the features that've been moved into place are fairly functional. It doesn't take away from the overall site nor does it clutter up too much like some sites. It's not flash-driven, thank God, and as long as it maintains this level, I don't think anyone who's fairly new to the site would be overwhelmed.

Good work, overall.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

You're kidding me, right? Yeah, there are a bunch of features, some that even I haven't figured out yet. But I'm a geek! I love gadgets and gizmos! And all these exciting features are the "gadgets and gizmos" of the Internet! I love it! I could be entertained for hours just figuring out the doo-dads and whatcha-ma-callits on this site!

--PhirePhreak
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

I like the new features but there are so many new al the time.. but I still go with option 3 in the poll
    Al the little this and that´s, LOVELY!
    Dear Santa, I liked the mp3 player I got but next christmas I want a SA-7 surface to air missile

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    I have to agree in that I like many of the new features. However, I wonder if anyone else is experiencing some things that I've run into: pages not loading, pictures not loading, replying and then reply disappears, responding to a poll and it ends up in the wrong poll location (??). Could all these features be overloading the system and/or the browser? (Ive experienced this both on my Mac using IE5 and Win2K Pro using IE5.5).

Just Curious.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

AntiOnline Senior Member
    I like all of the new features... Especially the alert when you have new PM's... That one is awsome!
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]

I haven't noticed any issues with Opera, except the "Hack attempts" and "Router logs" pages, which have been down for quite some time for some networking reason. I think the features are fine... Although I do think that the mood indicator isn't really very practical (and it bloats the space posts use)... The country flag is borderline.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

We have to differentiate between useful and useless features. I love useful features and hate useless features...

Is up to you which is which, but I think JP knows what I mean!!
    Todo lo que no me mata me hace mas fuerte...

Originally posted by MsMittens
    I have to agree in that I like many of the new features. However, I wonder if anyone else is experiencing some things that I've run into: pages not loading, pictures not loading, replying and then reply disappears, responding to a poll and it ends up in the wrong poll location (??). Could all these features be overloading the system and/or the browser? (Ive experienced this both on my Mac using IE5 and Win2K Pro using IE5.5).

Just Curious.
    Sounds like you found the culprit. When using IE the site seems slow and bothersome. you switch over to Opera and rocks.

And as for the reason for the thread. I like the new features, they were implemented well and thought out nicely.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Banned
    I love the features, thing have changed have lot since I made my first post!
    Anyway Im using IE5 and I dont have any probs but maybe thats just me, I tried Opera but hell some pages come up distorted and Im too long using IE to switch now.