Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linux DVD?

Question Linux DVD?

Hey all,
    Does anyone know where I can find a DVD player for linux Red hat 7.1? Dont try flaming me by saying " Goto Google." Been there and didn't find a player for download,except for a experimental which i will try from www.linuxvideo.org.

Any and all help would be appreciated.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

How about OpenDVD.org? Have you tried them yet?
    Or 7thzone.com?
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Looks like 7thzone.com is down. Sorry. I could dig up a few DVD player/rippers for ya. You want me to look for them?
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Originally posted by KorpDeath
    Looks like 7thzone.com is down. Sorry. I could dig up a few DVD player/rippers for ya. You want me to look for them?
    Yea that would be greatly appreciated.

I havent looked at opendvd.org yet cause i tought it was just about the DVD copyright in Japan or whatever it said.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Originally posted by casper3699

Yea that would be greatly appreciated.

I havent looked at opendvd.org yet cause i tought it was just about the DVD copyright in Japan or whatever it said.
    Will do. I should have something tonight or early tomorrow.
    - Samuel Johnson

http://www.videolan.org/

opensource mpeg and dvd player for lots of platforms
    including *nix
    also includes client for home use
    and server for broadcasting
    i havent tried it on any *nix platform
    but i have tried it on MS 2k
    i upgraded from 98 to 2k and my dvd player that came with my box didn't include a free upgrade
    so i found this one
    opensource kicks ass
    Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far. - Theodore Roosevelt

I am a cracker
    hey check out katzwarez.com its a warez but has a lot of stuff there

I'd also like to recommend videolan. I've been using it for some time now, and things are really smoothing out with the newer versions. Very nice overall, and I like the ability to play DVDs on one box, but watch them on several (it's a package designed to do networked video with a master box and a bunch of Xwindows slaves).
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

Originally posted by dolemite
    http://www.videolan.org/

opensource mpeg and dvd player for lots of platforms
    including *nix
    also includes client for home use
    and server for broadcasting
    i havent tried it on any *nix platform
    but i have tried it on MS 2k
    i upgraded from 98 to 2k and my dvd player that came with my box didn't include a free upgrade
    so i found this one
    opensource kicks ass

Thanks i will try it when i get back to work.
    I just have one question what type of computer are you running it on? CPU, Video, Harddrive, and MEM?

Originally posted by chsh
    I'd also like to recommend videolan. I've been using it for some time now, and things are really smoothing out with the newer versions. Very nice overall, and I like the ability to play DVDs on one box, but watch them on several (it's a package designed to do networked video with a master box and a bunch of Xwindows slaves).
    I just tried the Windows version and it didn't run too well. I will download the Linux version tommorow. Which packages do I download from here?http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download.html