Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Belive Is True?

Question What Do You Belive Is True?

A forum dealing with philosophy, ethics, morals, laws, logical & mathematical problems, etc.

Im guess this would fall under sumthin around these lines because i was lookin for sumthin other then general chit chat to put this under cause of how much is put into that fourm...

I belive bin laden is responsible for many terrorist attacks on the US.. and from all the tapes and other things the people in the US have seen and heard its hard not to hate the creature.
    I dont understand how anyone could take so many lives and still live with themselves knowin that they killed so many men, women, and children... I think the person who is responsible for these acts should just end his or her life now on ethics and morals alone. I want your opinions of if u think Bin Laden is truley responsible for these acts, and why u think that of which u do... just give us ur input on the subject so we can see many dif peoples opinions and hopefully be able to put together our own opinion on the subject and share it with us all here.

If ur going to just bad mouth on the subject please just leave this thread now cause i dont want to waste ur time our the people who are here for the REAL subject..

keep the peace
    NetSyn
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

No peace until bin laden dies. Kill him slowly. 'nuff said.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

yes, it seems highly probably that OBL is responsible for the events of sept 11. As to what should be done, to my mind he should be tried by an independent tribunal for crimes against humanity, as defined by the geneva conventions.
    I believe that it is important that justice is seen to be done throughout the world, the arab world especially should feel that justice was carried out. I believe this is important as It will help lessen the chances of further such atrocities occuring.

Originally posted by laurasbestmate
    yes, it seems highly probably that OBL is responsible for the events of sept 11. As to what should be done, to my mind he should be tried by an independent tribunal for crimes against humanity, as defined by the geneva conventions.
    I believe that it is important that justice is seen to be done throughout the world, the arab world especially should feel that justice was carried out. I believe this is important as It will help lessen the chances of further such atrocities occuring.
    Let me point out that the Geneva Convention only applies to recognized governments, not individual people. So he shouldn't have the same rights as prisoners of war. He's not fighting by the accepted rules of engagement.
    You're gonna have to do allot more than just try this guy in an international court to get people to stop acting like this. it's built into their very being that hate is the way to get your point across. That's what needs to change. And that's a tall order. So in the mean time. JUST KILL THE BASTAGE!!!!!!!!!
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Cool

Ok.. we all agree that a lot of people died because of him.. a lot of people lost their loved ones because of him.. and lot of lives got ruined because of him..

But wonder why he doesnt feel sorry for dem? its cause he takes pleasure in killing dem.. He sees himself as a noble warrior.. a warrior of a great being (in his case "Alah")
    He believes he is fighting a holy war and that the hand of rightiousness is in his side..

every death of an american or every tradgedy he causes is a triumphant act of holyness in his eyes..

YES he is a fanatic.. and some muslim people believe that too.. dont get this wrong but there are also some people in the arab world that hates him.. coz he gives islam a bad name..

he is a fighter gone crazy.. and i wont be surprised if he will fight to the death..
    in his eyes.. he is da good guy and we are da bad guys.. and whoever is not with him is against him..

he's like the new generation Adolf Hitler.. just as Adolf Hitler, they both pride themselves in their work no matter if people die.. they both think that what they are doing is for the good of all..

they both wanted to make a perfect world.. Hitler wanted to make a perfect world of people that are true blue germans.. if da person is not german.. to him dat person is nothing..

Bin Laden also sees thesame way... He wants to create a perfect world where everyone shares thesame belief as he does.. (religion doesnt really count that much as long as you believe in him)... if their belief is not same as his.. then they are either an enemy or a lower being..

But hitler started a huge war.. bin laden just started a few air strikes.. though he did shake history..

Thumbs up cruel and unusual punishment woohoo!

I completely agree with what s0nic said that's how I fell about him be this does not give him an excuse. I think he needs what some people call cruel and unusual punishment. My idea is to hang him up by his balls until his sac rips off and then pick every single hair off his body one by one. After that infect the ****er with the ebola virus. Die ****er die!!!!!!! That stupid ****ing piece of **** needs to die!!!! But as I already an easy execution style death isn't for him he needs to ****ing suffer!!!!

Post Bin Laden

I'm convinced that his organization is responsible for multiple acts of terrorism, first of all.
    I also believe that he THINKS that he is doing the 'right' thing in the name of his particular supreme being, which he is decidedly NOT.
    And I'm pretty sure that he is a full blown sociopath and coward.

The man certainly needs to be punished for his crimes against humanity, since that is what they are, and should be put to death for them.

But, Shangrila, I'm not certain that such an extreme torturous method of death is necessary. How would that solve anything or bring any of the dead back to life? Revenge is futile when seen through the eyes of the dead. It only makes the living feel better for a short while, and that's it. Just try, convict, and execute him. He'll be gone either way...and will consider himself martyred either way (possibly moreso through a torturous method). Don't give him that much satisfaction.

And you have to remember, that there are more where he came from...would you do the same to all of them? Seems a bit fiendish, if you think about it... Vlad Tepes comes to mind...

As I said in my antipoint message to you...Bloodlust isn't smiled upon by any deity.

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

Thumbs up

Bin Laden is what I like to call "villain of the month".
    I've lived long enough to see several of these guys
    pumped up by the media, only to fade in importance
    as time goes by.
    Bin Laden will be remembered as an outstanding
    example of this type, but he's not the root of the
    problem. The real problem, which our politicians
    are afraid to admit, is Islam itself.
    It is not popular to tell the plain truth.
    Islam is an evil, monstrous philosophy.
    The human race will not progress from its
    present troubles until all civilized people decide
    that that, like nazism and communism and racism,
    we should not tolerate this kind of belief.
    There is no place for such a philosophy that openly
    advocates mass murder, torture, persecution of
    dissidents, and ultimately the forced conversion
    of the entire human race to Islam on threat of
    death. We need to restart the "coldwar", putting
    all Islamic governments on notice that they are on the wrong
    side in the struggle between good and evil.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Post but

Originally posted by rcgreen

There is no place for such a philosophy that openly
    advocates mass murder, torture, persecution of
    dissidents, and ultimately the forced conversion
    of the entire human race to Islam on threat of
    death.
    Sounds like the Crusades...I think they were trying to wipe out Islam then, too...

If you could quote any passages from the Koran that deal with this subject, please do so, as I don't know of any... It is the corruption and simple-mindedness of some of the 'leaders' in all religions that advocate violence towards people that don't have the same beliefs...

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

Thumbs up

looks like i started a pretty emotional thread ...
    GO ME! hehe
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..