Thread: Bill Gates to give 24 billion

Bill Gates to give 24 billion

Full story here:
    http://www.msnbc.com/news/694130.asp?pne=msn&cp1=1

My question is what does everyone think of this. Do you believe Bill is gambling on spending money to boost his image, or is he genuinely trying to help people? On the other hand, does it even matter as long as this money is used to help the sick and dying?
    -Shkuey
    Living life one line of error free code at a time.

As long as it helps people, I'm for it.

However, if I were him I would concentrate on the homeless and helpless in the states before reaching out to the world. But that's just me.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Thumbs up

well hopefully it goes to those who need it, but, KorpDeath has a good point - clean up your backyard first, then the world's.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

u guys are forgeting that $1 can do much more in some poor country than in america...

I am a cracker
    I don't see why all of these so called "H@©k£®§" flame bill gates! Yes his security in all of his O.S are fairly weak!But he's making more money than all the 50,000 members here! I don't diss microsoft no need to. As far as Bill gates spending money to boost his image No way that just a bunch of B.S

Originally posted by I am a cracker
    I don't see why all of these so called "H@©k£®§" flame bill gates! Yes his security in all of his O.S are fairly weak!But he's making more money than all the 50,000 members here! I don't diss microsoft no need to. As far as Bill gates spending money to boost his image No way that just a bunch of B.S

What have you been smoking man? and whats with the ebonics writing of "hackers"? Got something against the rest of us eh? Hehehe. But none-the less; his security sucks, and he obviously does this on purpose. I beleive he is so entangled with his profits that he forgets everything else, I'm praying his own family and social life arn't some of these.
    Yet, this is one of the few times he is truely able to shine above the rest. This is a good thing that he's doing, no doubt about it in my mind. Obviousy he has money to spare...and whats he gonna do with it, buy another computer with WinXP preloaded for one of his children? Hell no,...been there, done that. This $24billion will really be something. And I can honestly say I appreciate what he's doing (finally...thank God, I was about to start growing white hair!). Bill's Biggest Bet...damn straight it is - and hopefully, not his last.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Nah, Microsoft Probaly just needs a tax write off. 24billlion to helping the world should be a nice write off!
    You\'re either a 0 or a 1, alive or dead

Originally posted by [WebCarnage]

Yet, this is one of the few times he is truely able to shine above the rest. This is a good thing that he's doing, no doubt about it in my mind. Obviousy he has money to spare...and whats he gonna do with it, buy another computer with WinXP preloaded for one of his children? Hell no,...been there, done that. This $24billion will really be something. And I can honestly say I appreciate what he's doing (finally...thank God, I was about to start growing white hair!). Bill's Biggest Bet...damn straight it is - and hopefully, not his last.

I most certainly agree with [WebCarnage] on this one - turn some of those profits around and instead of pocketing them, do some good, something to benefit someone else.
    - Maverick

Thumbs down

Tax write off and publicity stunt. It does,nt matter to me anyway. People will still benifit from it. .........Feed TUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.