Thread: Check Point Firewall-1

Question Check Point Firewall-1

Does anyone happen to know where I might find a tutorial, or technical papers for Check Point's firewall-1? I am interested in purchasing one, and am wanting to know what would be required to setup, and maintain it. And also what it is 100% capiable of. I have gotten the white paper off www.checkpoint.com, and have searched google to no aval. (I even tried hotbot). on checkpoints webpage the configuration information is in a restricted (users) only section. Any information (reviews of it would be nice too) is appreciated.
    Thanks

Computer Forensics
    well, for information on CPFW-1 I have three suggestions. 1) check out the firewall 1 wizards mailing list. 2) www.phoneboy.com 3) Our local CPFW-1 resource is in irc.antionline.com etsh is very knowledgable about CPFW-1 and other firewalls. So check out those first two resources, and get your butt in the IRC channel.
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

Thanks for the info, I am reading thru option 2 right now, and joining the mailing list. I am sitting at work right now, (behind a firewall) so the IRC option has been blocked....but alas I shall try when I get home...
    Thanks again!

Wink

Yo,

What sort of interest do you have in CP documentation? are you looking for a manual or something? well, I know that the complete 4.0 manual is online at http://web.archive.org/web/200110261...ty/checkpoint/

Well, also about being at work, what limits you form accessing IRC? strict rulebase? don't worry, I recently found a whole in CP's FTP security server that allows a user to bypass the rulebase regardless of what it says , I'll be talking more about it when CP fixes it.

Enjoy!
    etsh911

Hey Cheeseball, try this link, the author is Lance Spitzner who
    runs a honeynet so he should know what he's doing
    Make sure you checkout the --Building Your Firewall Rulebase-- link
    in the article, he uses Checkpoint as the demo

http://security.ittoolbox.com/browse...2Faudit%2Ehtml

Regards
    Krang
    .....Brain Failure....dumping core.... z z z

Sorry, the Quick Reply function chopped off the link
    goto www.ittoolbox.com -> security -> firewalls -> auditing
    your firewall setup

Krang
    .....Brain Failure....dumping core.... z z z

Hello Cheeseball!

Good day to you! In addition to the good information stated by the others, you might like to check-out these links as well:

1) www.enteract.com/~lspitz/pubs.html
    2) www.deathstar.ch/security/fw1/
    3) www.systura.com/Firewall1/Firewall-1.htm

Moreover, the book of Marcus Goncalves entitled:Point Firewall-1 Administration Guide , might also interest you .

Have fun!!!
    A blessed day to all!!!

"I expect to pass through life but once. If, therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do for any fellow being, let me do it now… as I shall not pass this way again. " ~ William Penn

Hey all,

Alex, that book *was* the best book about CP for some time, but for the mean time, I recommend Phoneboy's book <although Phoneboy'ss been talking some **** lately >.

http://www.phoneboy.com/book there is a sample at book/sample.pdf

Enjoy!
    etsh911

Another book besides phone boys book is one called CCSA Administration guide by Pearson Books.Get it at Amazon.com
    Ee

Are you interested in running this on a NT/W2k system?
    If not check out http://www.nokia.com/securenetworksolutions/index.html.
    Not bad systems, we run a pair of vrrp gateway clusters. IP440's
    It can take a while to learn, can be very complex.
    Worth the effort in the end.