Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the first Game console you owned? How many do you own now?

What was the first Game console you owned? How many do you own now?

Just finishing the 'not the smallest anymore' thread, I was taken from computers to those other little wonders... game consoles. Since I am no too old (16) I would have to say my first game console was the NES. I had at least 30 games for it, and kept bothering my mother to rent or buy new ones. I loved that machine. Actually, the last time I went to Hot Topic, I found a pair of big pants that, according to one of my friends, looked like "8-bit camoflage". Unfortunately, I had to give it away. A little later on life (about a decade after it had been released) I obtained an old Sega Genesis (the original model... ), and had QUITE a few games for that one. We also go the Sega CD, whic cost us around 200-250 dollars at the time. I liked the Sega CD. I was impressed with the graphics. All was great in the kindom that is my house until the adapter for the SegaCD fell apart, and the link cable from the console to the TV broke... by this time, you couldn't find this type of stuff anymore... I went with out a game system for a few months... then... THe Sega Saturn came out. Again, I was intrigued by the now out dated graphics capability... my family paid 348 dollars for that one... once again, that lasted until it broke... then I got it. I had it for a long while, then it just stopped working...permanently. :sniff: Then a few years and a thousand miles later, we bought the N64 for 150 dollars. Still have it, and have not any complaints about it. Two years later, I bought a Dreamcast... I only have two complaints about it. The CD-ROM drive died once, and sometimes it takes a few tries to start up THPS2.

Game consoles... I love them.
    Welcome to Hell , where we have served more than all of the fast food chains put together! And the number grows everyday! Stay tuned!

I noticed you love consoles u sure tried a lot of them.

I just had the first Sega game console, for the rest Computer games, not those 3D ones but I like Zelda, old RPG games, text based MUD and UT as the only modern game I like. My first games on PC were Prince of Persia and 3D stunters.

Anyway now I'm thinking on buying myself an Xbox, anyone good.bad experiences. I'm buying this for not always beeing on PC
    \"An artist cannot fail, it\'s already a success to be one!\"

\"Before you open your mouth to speak, please make sure it\'s an improvement upon the silence.\"

Banned
    Well.. Im not that old either... So my first console was a Nes... I had maybe 20 games for it..., just like you psychosquee... Then when I got bored with that one.... I got a Super Nintendo,.. I had the classics.. Super Mario All-Stars, Super Mario World, etc..... Wow I miss those days After that I got a Playstation..... And now im thinking of getting Gamecube or PS2

Cool

Mine would be Atari.. then i had FamiCom.. then Snes.. then had Genesis for a while.,. Then had Play Station.. and now im juz havin fun playing games in the PC..

I suppose that game consoles are computer related. Anyway I had the original Sega Master System. It really sucked, there were no good games for it except Michael Jackson's Moonwalker and Phantasy Star. Now I have GTA3 and ps2.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

my 1st console was an Atari (with about 6 joystick controllers cos they kept on sticking & breaking)
    Then it was my 1st PC a Texas Instruments TI994A (not really a console but with the cartridge games it was kinda cool, Parsec rocked!)
    Then it was a BBC-B, Elite was the ultimate! (when I finally got a disk drive 4 it, spending 20mins loading Elite from cassette was mind numbing!, 5 mins from floppys was better!)

Ahhh, those were the days!

J.

oblio
    I hate these posts, but I hold nes dear to my heart. Over the years I have had an atari, nes, genesis, snes, n64 and ps1 and nothing has offered me higher game play quality than nes, snes comes close. Games today focus too much on glam and gore which is why if I ever get another system it will be made by nintendo, who in my opinion always strive at quality and fun games. That is why nintendo has many more cult favorites than anyother system. Playstation has always been about fast moving screens, realistic fight sequences and popular music. Sure this makes for nice visuals but they really truly do not provide any amusing gameplay. Not even the Final Fantasy games for Playstation impress me. I would play Mario Tennis over Final Fantasy 10 anyday. My favorite games ever are in no particular order, The Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past, The Ocarina of Time, Link's awakening, Master Blaster, A Boy and His Blob, Little Nemo's Dream World, Metroid 1, Mario 3 and my favorite Japanese bootleg game, Baby Mario.

Smile

consoles i owned were... atari , NES , SNES , GENIS , Gameboy , The gameboy type console sega made.. i forget its name but it had color, Color gameboy , PS1 and PS2 , N64 , GameCube , Gameboy Advanced and my good old emulators and roms for my puter

as for games... i tend not to buy due to the fact that my brother works at blockbuster so i get 5 free rentals a week and stuff before thier released in stores

_NetSyn_
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

Well, where do I start, I've been through quite a few consoles. Sega Master System, NES, Game Gear (not really a console, but pretty cool at the time), SNES, PS1, PS2. I'm looking at buying a GameCube just for one or two games. I love consoles, in my house I have the PS2, PS1 (in another room), and the SNES still hooked up. You can't beat some of the old school classics.
    - Maverick

consoles......ugh

I HATE CONSOLES......

true, ive had almost all of them.. .and enjoyed them a lot.... but there SOOOOOOOO LIMITING in what you can do.... think about it..... how many keys on a keybord.....and HOW many buttons on the controllers...... and you cant even take the games apart to screw with.... at least easly, LOL
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com