Thread: Funy: Tech Questions

FreeAgent

Talking Funy: Tech Questions

These are actual calls to technical support help desks... (Some of you may find this funny while others could possibly use this section as a reference)

A woman called the Canon help desk with a problem with her printer. The tech asked her if she was "running it under Windows." The woman then responded, "No, my desk is next to the door. But that is a good point. The man sitting in the cubicle next to me is under a window, and his is working fine."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tech Support: "How much free space do you have on your hard drive?" Customer: "Well, my wife likes to get up there on that Internet, and she downloaded ten hours of free space. Is that enough?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overheard in a computer shop: Customer: "I'd like a mouse mat, please." Salesperson: "Certainly sir, we've got a large variety." Customer: "But will they be compatible with my computer?"

I once received a fax with a note on the bottom to fax the document back to the sender when I was finished with it, because he needed to keep it.

Customer: "Can you copy the Internet for me on this diskette?"

I work for a local ISP. Frequently we receive phone calls that go something like this: Customer: "Hi. Is this the Internet?"

Some people pay for their on-line services with checks made payable to "The Internet."

Customer: "So that'll get me connected to the Internet, right?"
    Tech Support: "Yeah."
    Customer: "And that's the latest version of the Internet, right?"
    Tech Support: "Uhhh... uh... uh... yeah."

Tech Support: "Ok Bob, let's press the control and escape keys at the same time. That brings up a task list in the middle of the screen. Now type the letter 'P' to bring up the Program Manager."
    Customer: "I don't have a 'P'."
    Tech Support: "On your keyboard, Bob."
    Customer: "What do you mean?"
    Tech Support: "'P' on your keyboard, Bob."
    Customer: "I'm not going to do that!"

Customer: "My computer crashed!"
    Tech Support: "It crashed?"
    Customer: "Yeah, it won't let me play my game."
    Tech Support: "All right, hit Control-Alt-Delete to reboot."
    Customer: "No, it didn't crash-it crashed."
    Tech Support: "Huh?"
    Customer: "I crashed my game. That's what I said before. Now it doesn't work."
    Turned out, the user was playing Lunar Lander and crashed his spaceship.
    Tech Support: "Click on 'File,' then 'New Game.'"
    Customer: [pause] "Wow! How'd you learn how to do that?"

Source Lots of Jokes

Keepen it real
    FreeAgent

Ah and GUI delerium strikes again
    Alternate realities celebrate reality. If you cant handle the reality your in, then you wont be able to handle the one your attempting to escape to.

Customer: "Can you copy the Internet for me on this diskette?"
    Must be one of those 15 petabyte floppy disks...

Tech Support: "Ok Bob, let's press the control and escape keys at the same time. That brings up a task list in the middle of the screen. Now type the letter 'P' to bring up the Program Manager."
    Customer: "I don't have a 'P'."
    Tech Support: "On your keyboard, Bob."
    Customer: "What do you mean?"
    Tech Support: "'P' on your keyboard, Bob."
    Customer: "I'm not going to do that!"

LMFAO hahaha that was funny

+many many many points for this LoL
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

Very funny!

I needed a good laugh!

Thanks!
    [shadow]l3aDmOnKeY[/shadow]

FREEAGENT YOU HAVE SOME BIG BALLS POSTING ANYTHING OVER HERE AFTER THE **** YOU PULLED. GO TAKE A HIKE.

FREEAGENT YOU HAVE SOME BIG BALLS POSTING ANYTHING OVER HERE AFTER THE **** YOU PULLED. GO TAKE A HIKE.

This might not be a funny tech question, it falls more into the category of "stipidity."

I was once asked to hack a box and the person doing the asking swore that it was his. Turns out it wasn't. Turns out that this person was a bit of a coward and wanted other people to do his dirty work. Luckily I never took his request too seriously as they days of nervously peering out from behind closed curtains after a "confirmed kill" are well and truly behind me. Stupid thing is he posted his request on a security site! LOL....Ring a bell, FreeAgent?