Thread: Assembly Language

akanicknick

Exclamation Assembly Language

hey i just need a program that will compile assembly programs (*.ASM) into executable files.
    can someone please tell me where I can get one from or even better, post it onto one of their replies.
    thanx

Its been a while but I think you can compile assembly with a C/C++ using the asm {

example:

asm
    {
    ;Some code here

}

I took when class in college that required we use assembly. The programs ran fast but they were painful to write. I'm sure given more time and practice it would get easier.

Cheers,

-D

You can use Borland's TASM

The extension used so that TASM recognizes the source programs in assembler is .ASM; once translated the source program, the TASM creates a file with the .OBJ extension, this file contains an "intermediate format" of the program, called like this because it is not executable yet but it is not a program in source language either anymore. The linker generates, from a .OBJ or a combination of several of these files, an executable program, whose extension usually is .EXE though it can also be .COM, depending of the form it was assembled.

debug will only let you save .com files

Thumbs up

Here's one that is for msdos.
    Your asm files are generally written for a
    specific assembler.
    If your files were intended for the popular
    Macro Assembler, or Borland Turbo assembler,
    you'll have to make modifications for them
    to compile on any other assembler.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

let's try this again
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

thanks for the attachment rcgreen i will try it out...

intruder..
    A laptop, internet connection and beer.

I personally prefer MASM (hey, if you are going to write DOS or windows programs might as well use a microsoft assembler), I just posted a short tutorial in the newbie tutorial board you might want to check out...I plan on posting more of them by next week..maybe get into how to actually "think" in assembler...::didn't even check to make sure the code in that tutorial assembled before posting it..but it *looks* right..

Cheeseball
    http://www25.brinkster.com/cheeseball

-- Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment--