View Poll Results: Do you agree with they're doing with the stuff that was donated following Sept 11th?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

2 33.33%
  • No.

3 50.00%
  • I don't know.

1 16.67%
  • Stuff was donated?! Why wasn't I informed of this!

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SuperBowl conspiracy?

SuperBowl conspiracy?

Matt Lauer of the "Today" show brought up an interesting thing. In this time (post 9/11, highly patriotic) isn't it odd that a team named the Patriots win the superbowl. They started out the season horribly and they had a soft schedule at the end of the season but no one gave them a shot at winning the big game. Keeping in mind the dubious call in the Raiders game.....
    My question is:

Do you think the NFL conspired to rig the game?
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

I love how people become paranoid when they suspect something bad will happen if they aren't on their guard. Don't get me wrong, paranoia (non-medical term) isn't necessarily bad or misplaced... In Hong Kong, post-1997, everyone was afraid of the Chinese government taking away liberties of various sorts, and so whenever a Chinese official sneezed it was interpreted as some dark and sinister purpose...

I DO think it is somewhat interesting, how the "Patriots" win. But I don't feel I know enough about the situation (or American football in general) to be able to guess at the truth.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

No man! Don't ruin it for me! I wanted the Eagles in and it was just sweet revenge seeing the Rams lose! Yeah sure, that one overturned call in the last game was pretty fishy, but I can't and won't believe that they put on a hoax of that size.

It sounds to me like somebody out there is a sore loser. After all, in any playoff run in any sport there are conspiracy theories.
    Why am I still here?

My cousin was thinking the same thing, even before the Super Bowl began. All the time he was talking about how it was going to be rigged for the Patriots to win.

This discussion isn't heating up like I thought it would....Hmmmm...

Just goes to show that the Patriots don't have any fans.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Originally posted by Terr
    I love how people become paranoid when they suspect something bad will happen if they aren't on their guard. Don't get me wrong, paranoia (non-medical term) isn't necessarily bad or misplaced...

Only the paranoid survive, Terr.

Conspiracy theories are a kinda hobby of mine. Actually, it's more like a way of life! I could write pages on the US Government and their deep seeded hypocrisy. For example, it's alleged that THEY fund their International Policing efforts (which aren't wanted anyway) through the drug trade yet US prisons are full of minor drug offenders.

Are these the rantings of an overly paranoid geek? Perhaps. Time will tell.........

Most conspiracy theories have bothered me. Maybe cause I like living a sheltered life with many illusions of protection, but I don't know. I just think some measure of faith is required to live happily.

But it's really the sports ones that get to me. It seems that all result only in a big game because someone, somewhere, can't except that their team was beaten fairly. Congratulations to the Patriots on their win, but did the NFL really create a hoax? I watched the entire Super Bowl and saw the Patriots defense pound the Rams. All in fair play. One Pat's touchdown run was even CALLED BACK and resulted in a St. Louis touchdown. Was that just a ploy in a big cover up? I highly, highly doubt it. All this talk has done for me is cast doubts on a damn good game.

Ergh. Too much stress.
    Why am I still here?

Originally posted by Alcatraz
    Most conspiracy theories have bothered me. Maybe cause I like living a sheltered life with many illusions of protection, but I don't know. I just think some measure of faith is required to live happily.

But it's really the sports ones that get to me. It seems that all result only in a big game because someone, somewhere, can't except that their team was beaten fairly. Congratulations to the Patriots on their win, but did the NFL really create a hoax? I watched the entire Super Bowl and saw the Patriots defense pound the Rams. All in fair play. One Pat's touchdown run was even CALLED BACK and resulted in a St. Louis touchdown. Was that just a ploy in a big cover up? I highly, highly doubt it. All this talk has done for me is cast doubts on a damn good game.

Ergh. Too much stress.

It goes back to the Raider's game. And BTW the game sucked. And not because the Rams didn't win, it sucked because both teams were obvioulsy not playing to best of their abilities. Personally I couldn't care less because I'm a Steelers fan. My poor man Kordell let us down again. It's a shame cause that would've been a much better game. I mean the #1 offense (Rams) vs. the #1 defense(Steelers). The #3 offense (Steelers) vs. the #3 defense (Rams).

But oh well there's always next year and from what I hear the Steelers are not going to lose anyone so it's gonna be a good for them. As long as Kordell gets a bit more solid.

No stress.
    - Samuel Johnson

Was it also a conspiracy that the Patriots went 11-5 and won their division? Maybe Brady was a government agent given instructions to take them to the Super Bowl!

BTW, the official offense/defense ratings are highly overrated. The Rams defense is overrated cause their offense spends most of the time on the field anyway, and also the whole thing is based on yards, but who cares about that? Chicago and Philadelphia were 1st and 2nd, respectively, in points allowed. And points are what matters, not yards. They really ought to re-evaluate that.

And BTW the game sucked.
    Sniff. I liked it...
    Why am I still here?

Well, I am from St. Louis, and my wife and I are true RAM fans, along with our kids and grandaughter (6months old). I kept asking myself "who are these guys....that's not the rams?"

I mean, they seemed so distant. So not really there, like some of these kickboxing movies, you know, where someone's daughter was captured and they had to throw the fight or lose them..it was weird.

In all the games the rams plalyed...never, never did they play so terribly, comon...not one touch down till the 4th quarter...and that first one took six tries!!!!!

I gotta stop I'm getting pee'ved again!! But really, I am happy for the patriots...but really confused over the rams performance.
    my stove is hooked to the internet?