Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: psychodelic

psychodelic

i know this is WAYYYYY of ftopic, but, a comment given to me made me think of asking these questions

1. What do you think about the drug LSD.
    2. Have you ever experienced it.
    3. What do you know about it, history and use
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

Timothy Leary loved it, but he's dead.

I've tried it and I know ALLOT of people that use it. Some believe it's helpful to lifting the mind but I don't see it.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

anyone have any cool experiences or anything to share?

I was heavily into LSD a couple years ago during my high school years. The way I thought started changing even when I wasn't on it, and every now and them for quite a few months after I stopped, I would get little visuals out of no where. Nothing too extreme, but enough to be annoying. When you are on it you think at 100 miles an hour so complex thinking is easy to do, but easy thinking is hard. I have watched my friends under the influence when I was not on it, and they seemed like a bunch of idiots if you asked a simple question, but when you asked a complex one they blew my mind with their indepth answer.

LSD is not good for your body. It is a chemical that really messes with your senses (hence the trips). If you are going to experiment with LSD or any drug for that matter, at least do it responsibly. I believe it is your body, and you should be able to do whatever you want with it as long as you are NOT putting anyone else in danger. DONT DRIVE ON THAT STUFF!

For more educational info on LSD, or any other drug check out: www.erowid.org
    An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure...

yes definetally dont drive.......definetally

Well I wouldn't mess around with the heavy psychological drugs if I were you. You never know what's you limit, and quite a few who took to much of this got psychological problems afterwards.

And sometimes the problems aren't directly related to the use of drugs. Many times it's the drug users way of life that crack you up. It can be hard to relate to 'normal' people when all you do is hang around with people that do drugs. And it will put som extra heat on you if you feel you've 'fallen out of society'.
    ---
    proactive

Senior since the 3 dot era
    LSD is dangerous cause it has those "after trips" even if you do not use it for a long period visuals could appear, like jared_c said.

This "little visuals" could show up even 10 years after you took the drug... You all say that you shouldn't drive and use drug together, but how do you know when the little visuals come?

Let's say 10 years later, you are driving your car at the highway and suddenly you "see" a big dog on the road, you make a move to avoid the dog and before you know your car is "redesigned".
    See my point?

The "flashback" side affect is pure myth.
    Albert Hofmann synthesized LSD.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dosage:
    Oral
    Threshhold- 10-50 ug
    Mild- 50-100 ug
    Medium- 100-250 ug
    Strong- 250-500 ug
    "Saturation Dose"- 500-1000ug and up
    A "standard" dose is canonically held to be 100 mcg, but the average "hit" sold today is typically around 50-75 mcg according to DEA analyses, in contrast with what are believed to be much higher doses (around 250 mcg) when LSD first appeared on the black market in the late 1960s

Smoked
    Despite persistent uninformed reports of "pot laced with LSD", LSD cannot be smoked. It is destroyed by heat.

I myself have "triped" on various other psycadelic drugs and I have never had a flashback.

hehe don't drive man!

actually i believe that LSD is the least harmfull drug to the body, the mind is really the only thing it affects

another thing... i havent had any flashbacks either... i think its just a psychosomatic thing.