Thread: E-Commerce Shopping Cart

Question E-Commerce Shopping Cart

I am doing a web site for my aunt, who is looking to do an e-commerce site, and she has asked me to be the webmaster. Since I love to do it anyway, I said yes. Well, the layout is not all she wants. She also wants a shopping cart to be made for her, and has not the money to buy one. So I figure I be the nice nephew and try and make one for her. Unfortunately, that is as far as I have gotten. I don't know what language I should do it in. Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

****T********U****U********X*X******|
    ****T********U****U*******X***X*****|
    ****T*********UUUU*******X*****X****|
    ************************************|
    ************The Penguin**************|
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome to Hell , where we have served more than all of the fast food chains put together! And the number grows everyday! Stay tuned!

Give this a try

I have used this before. It's a Java front end shopping cart. The basic version is free. Give it a look. It may be what you need.
    http://www.vssd.com/
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Hi mom!
    Well, I've been battling php and mysql at work, recently - not for creating a shopping cart, but for something simmilar (a request form that holds user information and interacts dynamicly with the user). I'm new to both (mysql and php) but there are cerainly possibilities there - be sure to check out http://www.php.net - their function list is quite extensive, and is has a build in forum kind of thing, where other users make some suggestions - you could start by looking into 'php session variables'... Like I said, I'm no professional, but maybe this gives you a place to start.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

PS: Here is another one worth looking at. Maybe.
    http://www.smartwin.net/smartwin.htm
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Thank yoy for your help. Your help, as always, is greatly appreciated.
    Welcome to Hell , where we have served more than all of the fast food chains put together! And the number grows everyday! Stay tuned!