Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thumbs up to JP

Thumbs up Thumbs up to JP

I like what he has done with the member status. He must have raised the levels up. I like this. I took me back to junior, but I don't mind. I have'nt been around AO near as long as most. So this is a good thing. Now someone has to stick around a while and be a participant to attain higher levels of membership.

Hats off to you JP. Nice job.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

IMHO I have to agree its better with raised levels.

But I would prefer to have a less strict system (lower/longer levels). But I had no problem earlier and its aint a problem for me with the new system either .

i.e.
    0-100 posts : Junior member
    100-300 : member
    300- : Senior member
    and the title AO addicts added to Senior members who contributes a lots to AO.

~micael

Yup, it´s a good thing. But what I lack is a msg about it in "New features".
    Dear Santa, I liked the mp3 player I got but next christmas I want a SA-7 surface to air missile

Yep good stuph, seems JP has gone with general opinion on the changing of the staus. Gets my marks. Echo what pooh-bear says about a thread on it in new features.

I'm all for the new system too. I was at AO for only a short while, didn't feel like a senior member at all. If you wanna be a senior, you gotta put in the hard yards! Nice work JP.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

It took me a while to figure it out..

but /me likes it....
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

I agree(even though it lowered my status)..the former system was a bit misleading to new members. I think Sr status should only be acheived by merit however and not the # of posts(like to the world's longest thread)
    Maybe site-related posts would be a better method??

I think the change is a bad one. Not only because I'm classified as a newbie even though I've been visiting and participating in this website since 1999, but also because the thought of number of posts determining seniority on the board, and access to other areas is dissappointing. I guess I'm just going to have to reply to posts and say stuff like, "Yea" or "I agree" in the body of the post, so that I can not be seen as a newbie.

Regards,
    Wizeman

Edit: Oh, jeez, look! I have become a Junior Member simply by replying to this thread and bitching about the new system. Obviously that means I should have a more respected member status. HA...riiiiight
    \"It\'s only arrogrance if you can\'t back it up, otherwise it is confidence.\" - Me

I still dont feel worthy of my senior member status, but I am very glad JP listened to my suggestion.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    I agree with antihaxor and wizeman. Status shouldn't be bassed on number of posts. It should be some crazy mathmatical function that includes time involved, time online, use of features, antipoints, etc etc. I used to see a lot of people that were senior members in only a couple of weeks, and they never posted anything that would be considered slightly useful. Maybe we should only have like 5 senior members, and everyone vote on who they are or something. I don't know, I just felt like posting so I could get my membership level raised also.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman