Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AntiPoint Icons

Being the stickler for screen-real-estate that I am, I would suggest putting the read directly over or under the line containing the modify-date... (I run in 800x600 because I don't like straining to read tiny itty bitty text and icons)

Anyway, that's just me. I've got some possible icons to represent "Percent Positive Antipoints", "Percent Negative Antipoints" and "Total Antipoints"... I might just set up Proxomitron to replace the text with them.... hmmm. That would be neat.

EDIT:
    Neat, I got it working! Here's a screenshot of how it looks with two different icon schemes... Whoops, need a new post to do that.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

My Home-Grown-Make-AO-Like-You-Want-It screenshot. Proxomitron rewrites the Antipoint stats, images are on my hard drive

EDIT:
    I swear, I'm thinking of all this out of a subconscious desire not to go to bed... but tomorrow... I could set it to take the numerical percentage values, and then have two images, a red and a green gradient, put them next to each other, and have them have different horizontal dimensions according to the percentage... graphical representation! Whee!

Damn. I'm sorry for putting all this here, it's terribly off topic... but I really will go to bed now... It's tough. I'm enthused at the moment. Here's the last pic for tonight, with the bar-scheme. Green for positive, red for negative, and it shows the relative size.

Good idea. I think I will wote for the icons instead of the bars, because my first thought is they're gonna consume less bandwith. I suppose you could make a script that fixed the bars though. At least there shouldn't be lots of different pictures for the different bars. That's gonna slow the site down a whole lot, at least for the modem users.

I also want a nice & clean interface, so make it happen.....
    ---
    proactive

the barrs don't necceserily consume more bandwidth then the icons..
    and especialy with the animated emoties and avatars, I think them barrs (wich I think look neater) will work...

thx for the posts..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Oh, hey, JP moved it to it's own thread. :P

Well, the bars actually are smaller than the icons, I believe. This is because I have a red bar, green bar, and black bar. Each one has the dimensions of 100x1 pixels. In other words, 100 pixels wide, one high. That equates to 100 pixels, whereas the icons are more like 15x15 or 20x20, meaning that they are closer to 225 or 400 pixels.

The bars are actually STRETCHED by the browser to certain dimensions. Whether they are significantly smaller... I'll check the filesize when I get home. The icons were 22-color GIFs with a transparent component, but the bars were jpeg. I'm pretty sure I can squeeze them down to something small by sacrificing a near-undetectable amount of detail. (perhaps without sacrificing detail at all.)

Any other ideas on stuff to tinker with changing? Anyone want the proxomitron filter information and/or the images so they can do it themselves?

Just to clarify, these are just things I'm tinkering with once I realized I could do some small re-writes to the site before the html got to my browser in order to, in a sense, customize my browsing experience. JP isn't currently involved, I'm just messing around with ideas on my own.

You have really been busy with Proxomitron... Looks very neat.
    EDIT: I also like the bars more.

I'd like to see also the mood indicator with pictures - it could use these & others what we already have got here.
    EDIT: And it would be good if the mood was editable in this writing screen, otherwise one (at least I...) forgets to change it frequently enough.

-ZeroOne
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

How about an icon for "groups" of green dots? Example: instead of Terr having 7 green dots he has "any icon that represent 5 dots" and two green dots

My vote is for the bars.
    Why am I still here?

Hmmmm I think you misunderstood me.....I was referring to the antipoint icons.. Terr's bars are to reflect your antipoint % totals