Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things current in Central Florida

PHP/PostgreSQL guy

Post Things current in Central Florida

Just an update on some things happening/that happened in the Tampa area.

1: The Bank of America building that was hit on the 28th floor by the 15 year old has almost completed repairs. I drive by this building every day on the toll road and I've been meaning to get a pic of it. Keep forgetting though.

2: A family of 5 canadians were killed while driving south to St. Petersburg (where I work, south of Tampa) in Maryland when a woman in her brand new bought-that-day Ford Explorer 2002 talking on the cell phone hit the median, launched into the air (all four wheels off the ground), crossed airborne over the median and landed *on top of* the minivan that the canadian family was driving. Their three weeks of golfing in sunny St. Petersburg ended right then as all five occupants were killed instantly. Today, while driving to work, I counted 18 people driving and talking on their cell phones with only 1 driver using the handsfree. What the hell is wrong with people these days? I see countless drivers talking on the phone and not paying attention at all to traffic and if you're on I-4 or any other major highway/road/etc, you should NOT be talking about what's for dinner, how great sex was last night, or anything.

3: In St. Petersburg two days ago, a 34 year old man who lived in a mobile home w/o furniture got jealous of his girlfriend (who had five kids, with a sixth on the way, and a crack habit) who had broken up with him to date an 18 year old, got in his car with a 2 1/2 foot (76.2 cm) machete, drove over to her apartment, got into a fight with the 18 year old and cut off his head. After that, he took the head and put it on the hood of his car as a rather grotesque hood ornament and arranged the two side view mirrors on the hood so that the head could see itself as he yelled at it in the driver's seat, all the while shaking the machete at it. This guy is a mental case (ya think?) who suffers from schizophrenia, hasn't been taking his medicine (surprise there), and has been to court over several other crimes that he wasn't tried for because "he was mentally incompetent to stand trial".

4: Guy in Tampa was arrested yesterday after calling three women on his cell phone saying he had a 6 year old in a motel room and was raping her, moaning all the while like it was happening. Nobody was with him or near him when he was arrested.

Do we have some fscked up people or not living in this world?
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

We do. Will it get better?

btw - it is not just in FL
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Well before everybody cries out that weird **** only happens in the US. In Holland a couple chopped up their daughter in to bits and dumped several body parts at several lakes.
    They found her body piece by piece like a puzzle and had to reconstruct some of it just to find out later that the couple fled to Spain after teachers identified the girl.
    Now that is some sick ****.

Their own daughter? Gack.

The world needs some help big time.

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Yeah, that's like the Susan Smith back in 1993 or 1994 when she put her two kids in the station wagon and backed it into a lake in South Carolina (where I was born). She then claimed a black man stole her station wagon and after a few tellings of the story, the state patrol was getting wary of the situation because it never stayed the same. This was in Union, SC, and they pulled the station wagon within 24 hours where they found the baby still strapped in the baby seat and the older (4 I think, maybe 5) had shown signs of thrashing (too bad he was too small, otherwise I'd be hoping he could put a foot through the window in defiance) and they found handprints on the window. All this because the guy Susan was dating "didn't like kids" and that he "wouldn't take her unless they were gone.". Now, interviewing/questioning him, he defied all that vehemently stating that "she was *****ing crazy if she thought he meant for her to kill her own kids".
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

wasn't that sick? What about the woman who chased down her kids and drowned 'em all.

Let's get back to something computer related.

Evil is the only word to describe those stories Vorlin. Evil incarnate. To add my 2 pennies. In the UK a few weeks back a young boys body was found floating in the Thames (runs through London). No head, legs or arms Latest theory is that he was in a ritualist killing, a doctor from South Africa came over to autopsy the body, happens there apparently.

The death penalty would be too good for some 'people'.

oblio
    Two of the people that died in that crash lived a few blocks from me.

yeah there are some sick people out there...
    couple months ago, a retired driver in france confessed the kidnaping/raping/killing of mentally retarded woman.... he was supposed to dropped them off at a hospital.... because these crimes happened so long ago he might actually walk out free ....

sick ****.......
    assembly.... digital dna ?

Re: Things current in Central Florida

Originally posted by Vorlin
    2I counted 18 people driving and talking on their cell phones with only 1 driver using the handsfree. What the hell is wrong with people these days? I see countless drivers talking on the phone and not paying attention at all to traffic and if you're on I-4 or any other major highway/road/etc, you should NOT be talking about what's for dinner, how great sex was last night, or anything.

Well Vorlin I'm just down the road from you and its no better here in Ft.Laud. They need to pass some legislation regulating the use of hand held devices in automobiles. I saw a lady working on her friggin laptop man! She almost hit me. When she pulls over she says"Sorry I was looking at my laptop" SHEESH.