Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Absolutely Positively The Best Deal

Absolutely Positively The Best Deal

I know all of you have your skills for the search, but I have one question. Who is the king at finding a good deal? I am looking for a new test box (nothing special). Who can find the best deal period (not including ebay or other auction sites). I'm looking for the best deal period, it does not have to be a complete system. It could be a bare-bones, refurbished, top of the line, bottom of the line. The only thing that matters is the deal I am getting for my money.

This should be interesting.

Regal Making Handler
    I'm sure we could get a better deal than this but i am posting this as, maybe a starting piont.

Have a look at this: http://configure.us.dell.com/dellsto...oc=D24B3&s=dhs
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

Yea, I think jinxy just won. If you want a cheap but good deal for your money, Dell is the place to go. I'm not a big fan of their stuff but its the best you can get for the littlest. =)

Hmmm, thats not cool. Only one suggestion...

Personally, I use http://www.pricewatch.com to find good prices on components, systems and barebones systems.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

AO's Mr Grumpy

Re: Absolutely Positively The Best Deal

Originally posted here by Info Tech Geek
    I I am looking for a new test box (nothing special). it does not have to be a complete system. It could be a bare-bones, refurbished, top of the line, bottom of the line. The only thing that matters is the deal I am getting for my money.

This should be interesting.
    Consider other options,
    build it yourself
    buy a used system, privately. I have always found that the above options have been the least expensive for me, unless you get gifted a freebie system
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

The cheapest way I know, to get used computers is to go to a fairly large military base's DRMO. That is were they auction off older computers. They might sell them individually, but most times they sell them in lots for dirt cheap! Most will not have OS's on them though.

Just call around to Navy Bases etc., and ask for the number to their DRMO.

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

Regal Making Handler
    The man asked for the best deal. I gave a starting piont Is no one going to at least try.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

How about www.newegg.com just built a computer for 190.00 dollors. (That did not include the case, fans, and motherboard.)

AMD XP 2000
    DDR RAM 256
    60 GB hard drive

Can't go wrong.
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD

Originally posted here by d00dz Attackin
    How about www.newegg.com just built a computer for 190.00 dollors. (That did not include the case, fans, and motherboard.)

AMD XP 2000
    DDR RAM 256
    60 GB hard drive

Can't go wrong.
    Hmm, looks like that site is for me

I've been meaning to buy or build a box for a while... Maybe I'll have to get my hands on some of their stuff. Looks like good prices

mjk

edit Hmm I just found this site.