Thread: Nokia DOS vulnerability explained

Lightbulb Nokia DOS vulnerability explained

Well, since cell phones are part of networks as well I am posting this in the Network security section.
    Anyway, I promised some of you the Powerpoint presentation from Job de Haas about the Nokia mobile phone dos vulnerability.
    This whas his presentation during HAL 2001, interesting for those of you who couldn't make HAL last year

enjoy!

Nice presentation I haven't read/viewed the whole pp presentation yet but its a day tomorrow and this is always a burning topic at my work, thanks .

Interesting info. Thanks Foc.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Focmaester where can I found article which talk of this vulnerability, I have nokia cell :-P
    I'd like test my phone ...

Anyway, thanks 4 notice.
    What is essential is invisible
    to the eye ...
    ]ØÐÖ§|-|Å

Thx. We have several nokia products here.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Originally posted by jodosha
    Focmaester where can I found article which talk of this vulnerability, I have nokia cell :-P
    I'd like test my phone ...
    Well you can download the powerpoint presentation to begin with and keep an eye on www.itsx.nl for updates.

Ok, after being loaded with PM´s about the presentation, I hereby reply again to bump up the thread.
    Last time, so be sure to get yourself a copy