Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M$ tries to kick butt in Germany

Talking M$ tries to kick butt in Germany

A petition lobbying for the use of Free Software in the German Bundestag has rattled Microsoft Germany // *snip* // Microsoft Deutschland chairman and EMEA VP Kurt Sibold has responded to the ringleaders, complaining of discrimination, and of being accused of being a hindrance to democracy.
    LoL, what a whining wanker, sounds like someone dropped their lolly in the sand.

But seriously, is this the start for true open-source competition for M$? I seriously can´t see any other commercial OS (except MacOS) that can give M$ a run for their money.

Here´s the article from The Register.
    Dear Santa, I liked the mp3 player I got but next christmas I want a SA-7 surface to air missile

haha Bill's circle is gettin smaller and smaller.. i bet bill will start making a counter attack on that by making another M$ windows dependent software...

Typical of M$, they have had it their own way for way too long now, the mere notion os some other competition comming along and they get all up-in-arms over it.
    Personally I hope the Bundestag push through their ideas, cos once one person starts the ball rolling then more will be inclined to jump onto the band wagon too.

They are bound to put teams of engineers to patch it up.. Mmm, imagine a government backed-up free source.
    *sing* what a wonderful world
    Dear Santa, I liked the mp3 player I got but next christmas I want a SA-7 surface to air missile

AntiOnline Senior Member
    Hehe, M$ is worried about their monopoly crashing. How rediculous is a comment like that. If someone wants to make free software, it is entirely in their rights! Who does Bill think he is?
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]

<sarcasm>
    Bring on the lawyers! Obviously MS has a good case here, and the nasty free-software communists should all be head-shot!
    </sarcasm>

From the article:
    It therefore seems to us the duty of a democratic state to support the use of open source systems.
    I don't agree with this, though. What should be chosen is the better product. If the Bundestag finds out MS suits their needs better, fine by me. It would be cool if they chose open-source, though.

Just my opinion.
    ---
    proactive

How like this monopolistic enterprise to want to stifle such an initiative. I'm through with m$.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Banned

Angry quit biatching

u all winge bout microsoft well then stop using it theirs plenty of linux distros around and mac
    to put it straight microsoft makes good software may have a few bugs but it is userfriendly so dont biatch if u still use ms producta
    the only reason u do biatch is cause its 1337 or cool cause u heard a few people saying it

Rioter: You're wrong. What we're all bitching about is the MS business culture. They seem to bring out the lawyers for everything. Also they have a lot of executives that take up all kinds of issues, mostly saying other products are no good etc.. They never seem to talk about how they're gonna make their own products better.

I agree that MS has a few good products, like NT4, Win2000 and perhaps XP. And they're really putting some effort in to make usable software. But as the market leader they should accept the existence of other smaller companies.
    ---
    proactive

Banned
    yeh i agree but people are just negative of ms cuase they think their 1337 and it is showing in this post so thats all i was gettin at sorry if it was outa topic