Thread: IE Autocomplete

Banned

IE Autocomplete

Hey, my friend forgot his password to a site and logs in because IE fills in his password for him. Well, is there a way he can find his password in plain text? I don't think those programs that remove asterisks will work because it's an HTML text box, not one within Windows. Any suggestions?

Question Huh?

If it's a resticeted credit card site you can call them and chage it or email them for info. What version of Windows? If it's Win95-98SE. You have a few options. So please post the version you are running.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Banned
    I run Windows 98 but my friend runs Win XP Pro. If you can, provide information on uncovering these passwords for both.

There is a forgot password option -- which he just found -- but I'm still curious how to see passwords saved in IE Autocomplete.

Sounds suspect to me, you trying to access your friends stuph by any chance? Or am I just being paranoid? If he forgot the pass to a site, he can always ask the site to email him the password.

Senior since the 3 dot era

uhm

Originally posted by the_g_nee
    Sounds suspect to me, you trying to access your friends stuph by any chance? Or am I just being paranoid? If he forgot the pass to a site, he can always ask the site to email him the password.
    I agree,
    and btw I never trust those idiot autocomplete pop-up's.

hmm hint: read .pwl files.. or atleast find a program that can open .pwl files..

Hey, i am new so bear with me ..
    but is auto-complete on ms iew a problem that could be used against me by a malicious hacker ?
    Valentino

Valentino: Potentially, yes, but I don't know of any exploits right now that make it very easy to do.

Others: There is something called SnadBoy's Revelation that will uncover the *s, but it, for some reason, just won't work on the autocomplete things for IE.

jehnx,
    thank you for clarifying. i will then keep this lazy-a$$ solution switched on, so i need not to type out so much

Valentino