Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What to do with Taliban prisoners?

Great analogy in your post inKognito. And the talibans were defending their homes, not "invading" a country on the other side of the globe.
    Besides there is a difference between leaders and grunts. Do what you want with the leaders but leave the people alone. And make a difference between Al'Qaeda and talibans.
    What I read here makes me wonder if Dr. Strangelove has some basis in reality.
    Dear Santa, I liked the mp3 player I got but next christmas I want a SA-7 surface to air missile

AntiOnline Senior Member
    I say put them through trial, and after they are obviously found guilty, they should be sentanced to hard labor for the rest of their lives.
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]

Death of any form would be too nice,
    Unless they are used as game .

But I hope it will teach other hyper-religous
    mother****ers who what to muscle in
    on our **** to ****'em self's with goats legs.

HaVe A nIcE DaY.
    tH3#cL3aN3r

oblio
    They should be released immediately. First of all, they are not America's prisonners. It was the Afghanistanian opposition forces that wages war against the Taliban not the USA. The USA decided that they should over throw the government based on them not cooperating. This essentially is kidnapping. If the US wants to arrest terrorists abroad this is a different story. A nation cannot just go and arrest a foreign army's soldiers for no reason. It is good that Bush realized this and is sending the Taliban regulars back to their native. As for the Al queda, well that's a whole different ballpark.

Talking yum

Well, considering it is a military tribunal, i believe that cruel and unusual punishments are allowed, which in some cases could be a good thing...

So how about giving them lots of food, chicken, hamburger, cow, steak, ( I know some of these things come from the same animal, but shhh... we won't tell them) and lotsa fish, and then we could smother them in buttter... uhhh butter.... and then we can put them in a large 'crockpot,' or better yet... A CAULDRON! ooooh, i think you know what's coming next... we boil the water, throwum in, turn it on high for a while, then after 2 hrs of cooking, throw in the seasoning and let it simmer till it smells, "Just Right." And Voila, Stew... i think it'd be quite tasty....

Or, If that sick idea, is to sick, it is kind of sick I must say, such are the discussions of foolish people, but in any case, we could just have Space Ghost come and figure it all out, they could be his friend, which would be torture enough to anyone for the rest of their life...

MWaahhaHAHaha

yeah... or, we could get them addicted to a highly addictive substance, and then put them backon their island, the withdrawl would be torturous. ok then
    enough of this sickness

time for PhilosophY!

---////

All this is just in case one deserves they should be punished, if you don't think they deserve to be punished, well then it would be unfair to cook them... but they could taste SOOO GOOOD!

-Mr.
    -All this will be lost, like tears in the rain-

With all those poppy fields you don't think just a few of those guys are going into withdrawals right now?

As far as the Taliban go. I think we should execute them in the fashion they so love. Take em out to a soccer stadium and just unceremoniously chop their heads off.

As far as the foot soldiers go. they are just poor dirt farmers who got caught up in the rhetoric and the hope of the Taliban. Just send them back with the message "If you do this type of thing again, you'll not be spared."
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

You aren't mentioning the fact that the prisoners probably don't know anything. They are told a minimal amount of information and when tortured still won't be able to tell because of their lack of knowledge. They should be considered POWs because they still were representing Afghanistan. Besides, this is just going to lead to US attacking any country they want. Perpetual war by political leaders who want to play with their army. I believe they should attack Florida because plenty of terrorists live there.

couldn't JP just lock this thread so it'd die out....
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

They should not be considered POW's, only three nations in the world recognized the Taliban as national leaders, that does not qualify them for inclusion in the Geneva convention. End of story.

You are so naive.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

So what? We still aren't going to get anything from it. Also, if some country doesn't want to recognize a US soldier out of uniform then well I guess they don't have to abide by it either.