Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What To Do With Laden? ? ?

I think America will make an example of Bin Laden.
    They will Kill him on sight. First because, He could not
    get a fair trial here, Second why should we (the taxpayers)
    pay for his defense (not that he is entitled to one) and Third,
    I know I do not want my tax dollars to support him in jail.

TotalChaos(D~Sq , everyone, no matter who they are is entitled to a defence - a fair hearing. Because that is what seperates democratic society with evil sadistic regimes like that of the Al-Qaida. Just because bin laden is a monster does not mean he should forfeit a fair trail, if we were to do so, then we would be stooping down to his level.

the_n_nee I'm not saying he should not get a fair trial,
    what I was trying to say was is he entitled to a "trial"
    under the tribunal, a not to mention CAN he get a fair trial.
    From my understanding under the tribunal he will have
    no defense.

Banned

decision

I say if we bring him back we should give him a trial then if he gets convicted, kill him slowly and painfully.

I think this link pretty much explains my position on the issue. I know it sounds like I'm just saying it for the attention, but I honestly believe that. I believe the punishment (for violent crimes) needs to match the crime. Now, obviously, there is no way to truly make him repay for killing thousands, and hurting so many thousands more. The closest we can come is to torture him as horribly as possible. I know the main fad in the goal of punishment is rehabilitation right now, but exactly how do you rehabilitate somebody as extreme as bin Laden? There really isn't any reasonable way. Needless to say, the secondary goals of punishment are retribution, and deterrence. I think it's obvious how both of those factors fit into my suggested method of punishment. It also lets the victims loved ones have a little piece of their revenge, so they can have their peace of mind back. Not only that, but it sends the message to other terrorists/wannabes that if you try to pull **** like this, there will be serious consequences. I know that a punishment like this is completely inhuman, but once and a while you have to show your wrath to keep others from walking all over you. I don't like it either, but it has to be done.

Seriously, though. He's going to destroy one of the main economic centers of the most powerful and influencial country on earth, and people want him to not have to pay for it? As nasty as it sounds, the remorseless killing of thousands and the destruction of a central national landmark/economic center calls for something extreme. If you can't handle it, don't look, but it has to be done.

stflook - the link doesn't open for me. Anyway it must be horrible based on your post. I see your mood reflects perhaps on this issue...

How to make the punishment fit the crime though? What does a monster deserve, once convicted?

Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

OK, let's have another go at it without the vB code. Yes, it's horrible, and in my opinion, one of the most horribly, sickeningly painful things a human can go through. As much as people don't like to think about it, though, it's as close as we can come to a punishment that fits the crime.

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...318#post452318

My proposal is very simple. This one can disappear forever (I don't mean kill) and let the world in peace. Mr Bush should do the same, and the ones that brought him the power. It doesn't sound real, but things should be more simple than they are