Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zonealarm security ahhahaahaha

I am a cracker

Talking I hacked Zonealarm security ahhahaahaha

Everyone knows the best way to find out how secure your computer is to Hack Your Own Sytem. This is the best way of making sure that your system is safe. Everytime I read about a promblem in a hacker ezine or some where on the web, I made sure that I understood how the exploit works and make sure that it doesn't work on any of the hosts on my LAN. I like to keep a data-base of exploits. Yesterday I decide to download "zonealarm" FROMwww.zonealarm.com I already have "nortons internet security 2002" I just wanted to see how hard it would be to exploit zonealarm let me tell you it's not that hard to do all I did to gain REMOTE ACCESS to my computer was I used a system backdoor attack to bind a shell to a higher port installed code that allows my commands to be "tunnelled" through my firewall using source routed packets and ICMP COMMANDS. TOTAL TIME ABOUT 11 MINUTES ... The best part was trying to erase zonealarm It seems that ZA comes with two spy dlls that according to the their manufacturer. I found these two: C:WINDOWSSYSTEMVSMONAPI.DLL C:WINDOWSSYSTEMVSUTIL.DLL Had been left on my system after uninstalling ZA. It seems that myystem configuration and maybe the activity is logged to the file Iamdb.rbd, then transmitted. (not 100% sure though)

Cool

try hack sygate pro 5.0;-) it's a bit better that ZA pro, ZA pro is a PR gimmic as well as norton, the live on their brand no on the product.
    Dare to say no to linux and dont risk to falling of the vagon and become a script kidie.

m$ is a death trap but it a choice;-)

I am a cracker
    try to hack sygate pro 5.0? hey I'll try it no promblem i'll let you know how it goes

I used to rely on Norton personal firewall. One day however I downloaded a lil prog that automatically connects to an atomic clock when you sign on and adjusts the puters clock accordingly. This of course should have given me an alert from the firewall, it never did though. I dont know why this is, as I had the non automatic rule creation enabled, so I should have been asked if it were ok for the prog to access the net.

I'm trying out a few new firewalls at the mo.

Banned
    I have ZoneAlarm..... I blocked all access to all ports and the server can only respond to the port that the request came from....

i tried the outpost firewall as well but is was a bit fishi, is is a open source wall but, well it looks to mutch like norton for me to trust it. sygate havent failed me yet and it dosent mess with the entire system like some firewalls
    Dare to say no to linux and dont risk to falling of the vagon and become a script kidie.

I run both of those and am shopping for others. ZA isn't strong and I'll likely get rid of it eventually but you can blcok everything as ac1dsp3trum said.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Of the free firewall offerings...

My first: Tiny Personal Firewall. (Not sure how their recent acquisition will change this)
    Close second: Sygate Personal Firewall. (Just stopped being freeware?)
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

ok. i talked to someone i this furom that had tested the outbound utility with sygate and he ran some stuff on his box to. sygate 5.0 had a high painlevel.

i tried to test outbound on outpost but i run Windoze Xtra Price and the adapters i XP is not standars, macaffe firewall cant run wither on xp to my expirience.

yes i tried tiny, was inpressed by it alerting med that XP is sending a signal on port 67 on start up and givving med the coice to block this but i dident find a rulset that was got on my lan to cable modem to NAT, we got an sniffer on the net and ZA is to esay and he aparently gotten by my isp's soho firebox 2?